• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I hate Bass Pro. The prices aren't that good and I don't like the wait. Most of the time it feels like no one works there or can't answer a question. The only time I will go there is if I need ammo that day and don't care about over paying. I will never go on a weekend or evening either. A lot of times people will be there wanting to look at pistols, usually Glocks, won't even have an HQL.

Last time I was there a guy was telling me he wanted to get a .308 because his 5.56 wouldn't kill a deer. He said he shot it twice and it ran away. I told him 5.56 isn't that good for people either, and walked away.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    When I want fishing gear, I go to Bass Pro. Having purchased two firearms at Cabelas, I'm just going there now to buy hunting and camping gear from now on.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I must be insane, you know doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Every time I leave BPS empty handed and frustrated, I swear I'm done with them. Then a week or two later I go do the same thing again.
    Today I went with gift card in hand planning to buy a red dot. Only two guys at the gun counter, no big deal take a number and stand by. Sales people are going through the sales of a shotgun and another shopper is getting a rifle. Mr. SG buyer is doing his background check, salesman is just standing there. So I tell him I want a certain red dot, he tells me to wait my turn. Ok, so while I'm waiting at least 3 green shirts walk right past me. Arghhh. Frustrated now, I walk over to one of the red shirts, assume some manager. Ask if only two people working the counter. He replies yes. I decided F it. I leave, come home and check out the price on line for the two things I want, then check out Amazon. Amazon is $30.00 cheaper, and I can get it tomorrow. But then I still have this unused gift card. Arghhh. Rant over

D_S

Aug 22, 2018
    Hollywood
    Cabelas seems to have taken a step back since they were bought by Bass Pro. Way too much Bass pro merchandise...

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    If you know what you want go online thru Active Junky to Cabela's 12% cash back from Active Junky. Cabela's takes another 10% off if you use 19club912 code and your club card. They also will take Bass Pro gift cards.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They might be a pain in the butt to buy firearms, but they do have XXL socks ! ( Not joking , socks that fit are harder to find than guns .)

fogman

Twice now I've stopped by the Arundel Mills store trying to buy a scope. Take a number, only 2 green shirts behind the counter. Stand and wait. Last time I was #9. #5 had been waiting 10 minutes. Put my number down and walked away. I'm not going to beg someone to take my money.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Great place to buy paper targets and moonpies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Only ever bought a Browning O/U there because they had a sale I couldn't pass up. I work close by BP and go there for ammo mainly, but do cruise by the gun rack most times.

They seem to be pushing gen 3 and gen 4 glocks pretty hard still - almost never have a gen 5 in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom