• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    I have a replica 65 Shelby 427 Cobra and need a shop that will let me drive it on their machine. Very heavy clutch and tight foot well makes for a very step learning curve.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I have a replica 65 Shelby 427 Cobra and need a shop that will let me drive it on their machine. Very heavy clutch and tight foot well makes for a very step learning curve.

Thanks

Check with OldTowne Automobile in Prince Frederick, if they cant do it they can probably recommend someone who can.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Don't know if they'll let you drive it up but the guys at Auto Italia in Rockville are big hot rod guys. They know what they're doing and have seen it all.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Thanks

Can't be any worse than the 1100hp Supra with the Clutch Masters clutch I had to drive in a few weeks ago. Least driver friendly clutch I've had to deal with in some time.

If you have your specs, as I doubt our machine will have anything for a '65 Cobra, I'm willing to give it a go.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    See if MDS member SRD can help you out. He owns an alignment shop in Annapolis area.
    If you can't reach him via PM- I can get you his number.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Prolink in the industrial park in PF has the 4 individual stands. They use a normal car lift and then lower the car onto the stands.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    First of all, pics or it didn't happen :)

I am with these guys, unless it is a member here or friend I doubt you will find a shop willing to let you drive onto an alignment rack. Insurance purposes.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    JPC Racing in Millersville specializes in Mustangs. I trust Rich there with my M3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdflyer

Nov 19, 2015
    Interstate budget tire in Cockeysville does a lot of racing alignments and I would trust them. They did a wonderful job on my Turbo Miata.

I just had my Avalanche done at a sears on a inexpensive groupon and they blew it out with a toe and go...and "its all in the green" and I had to explain to the service writer about caster angle and cross caster causing the pull that they had aligned for. At which point he called for a tech for me to talk to, the tech that had not aligned it agreed with me that toe would not create the pull and promptly took my keys and realigned my truck properly...at which point I was asked how I knew so much about it... 17 years as a master level tech lol

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Thanks for all the replies. Sorry i didn't get back sooner. I have been very busy lately so again thanks.
    Here is for the picture inquirer

_494028.jpg

img_20150912_125249_044.jpg

BradMacc82 Do you work local?
    I will take all the recommendations into consideration.
    Just got to free up so damn time

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Oh I bet that thing is a blast to drive! One of the only cars to walk away from my Mach 1 back in the day on the street was one of these. It had a 427 as well with a blower. That car was stupid fast.

I'm talking walk away from a high 11 second car fast. Have you ran it in the quarter?

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    thanks guys.
    It is a beast. 482cu in of ridiculous power in a 2500 lb car.
    It is not set up for drag racing but I have had it at MIR. They kicked me off the track after the second pass for going to fast for what safety equipment I have in the car.
    12.0 @ 120mph with street tires and babying it off the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom