• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    I was wondering why people do not bring an attorney to HPRB. I would think if someone is denied bringing legal representation may make further action more decisive. After all avenues are exhausted, It would be time to sue the state.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I was wondering why people do not bring an attorney to HPRB. I would think if someone is denied bringing legal representation may make further action more decisive. After all avenues are exhausted, It would be time to sue the state.
    Some do. It's probably a financial situation for most (it was in my case)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I'm sure its financial. I know another lawyer charges a flat fee ($2000 or 2500 I cant remember which). I charge by the hour so you're looking at 4-5 hours minimum and a lot more if your case has the misfortune of getting called near the end or postponed.

Last edited:

cool_t_1

Sep 14, 2016
    AA County MD
    I'm sure its financial. I know another lawyer charges a flat fee ($2000 or 2500 I cant remember which). I charge by the hour so you're looking at 4-5 hours minimum and a lot more if your case has the misfortune of getting called near the end or postponed.

Exactly. I was in court two days ago for 3 hours only to have the judge postpone and give the other party time to go get an attorney. So I have to pay those hours plus when we go back and for any other time spent on the case. It is def a financial barrier for most.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Most people don't even attend a Board meeting prior to their hearing - to learn the process and see what appeals work and what arguments fall flat.

At least listen to the hearings online or do some basic research.

Then, there are those who choose to have their hearings held in private and fail. The result is that none of the experienced attendees and lawyers can help them with their arguments and justifications because they are being so protective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Most people don't even attend a Board meeting prior to their hearing - to learn the process and see what appeals work and what arguments fall flat.

At least listen to the hearings online or do some basic research.

Then, there are those who choose to have their hearings held in private and fail. The result is that none of the experienced attendees and lawyers can help them with their arguments and justifications because they are being so protective.

EXCELLENT points! Thanks! I am filling out my application, it would be really nice if MSP could just tell me what G&S is..... Something seems amiss that we should just have to take a stab at it with no definition.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The whole point of the scheme is not to define g&s, or have an objective application process.

Why on earth would the MSP want to have a fair, efficient and cost effective Handgun Permit process?

To protect the right to self defense, prevent unlawful possession and incarcerate criminals?

ROFL

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    At the rate I've posted to get to the WC since the recordings moved, MD will be shall issue first :p

(Almost there, I think!)

The recordings are not really hidden in the WC, I host them on my server. I know the play-by-play was moved to the WC to prevent prying eyes, but if the meetings are open to the public, I see no reason that the live audio isn't also just as public. I missed the last two meetings due to scheduling conflicts, but everything else is there. Enjoy!

http://199.195.194.92:2199/start/markgrut

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom