• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Thanks, Van Hollen, you said absolutely nothing.

" Thank you for contacting me to express your support of the Hearing Protection Act. I appreciate hearing from you and apologize for the delayed response.

While I appreciate your view, I have concerns about consequences from this bill. As you know it would eliminate the $200 transfer tax on firearm silencers and make it easier to transfer silencers. While I respect the second amendment and the rights of responsible adults to own guns and use firearms safely, this legislation will make it easier for criminals to obtain devices to conceal attacks.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever I may be of service.
    Sincerely,

Chris Van Hollen
    United States Senator

P.S. Please visit my website. While there, you can view press releases and statements, see what legislation I have sponsored or co-sponsored and receive information on the various constituent services provided by my office."

No evidence or facts about suppressors being used by criminals just a personal belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Here's my response though I expect no answer from his office.

"Senator Van Hollen,

Thank you for the reply, however you offered no facts just your opinion that it will make it easier for criminals to obtain. Using your current stance, the only thing between criminals and suppressors is $200. A criminal can get a suppressor the same way they get a gun currently. A suppressor should still be considered a firearm and subject to background checks not a cash and carry transaction. A suppressor easily costs between $600-$1200. A criminal is not going to spend that and be subject to a background check just as they do not spend that to legally obtain a firearm.

If $200 is all that stands between a criminal and a suppressor, in your opinion, I ask you rethink this stance.

And we did not even discuss the actual issue of hearing protection for law abiding citizens. It's not about the criminals, they will always find a way. It's about the people that follow the law. "

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    oh jeez that is an excellent and personalized response vs the crap i got back from kaine in va. might not be what you want to hear but at least he read your email. not only didn't kaine read my email, his responding (automatic) email THANKED me for supporting his position. and trust me i didn't. how f'd up is that!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks, Van Hollen, you said absolutely nothing.

" Thank you for contacting me to express your support of the Hearing Protection Act. I appreciate hearing from you and apologize for the delayed response.

While I appreciate your view, I have concerns about consequences from this bill. As you know it would eliminate the $200 transfer tax on firearm silencers and make it easier to transfer silencers. While I respect the second amendment and the rights of responsible adults to own guns and use firearms safely, this legislation will make it easier for criminals to obtain devices to conceal attacks.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me whenever I may be of service.
    Sincerely,

Chris Van Hollen
    United States Senator

P.S. Please visit my website. While there, you can view press releases and statements, see what legislation I have sponsored or co-sponsored and receive information on the various constituent services provided by my office."

No evidence or facts about suppressors being used by criminals just a personal belief.

Sweet, I'm sure we can count on his continued support, right?

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom