• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Jason,
    If you know you can get a permit, then Maryland might be tolerable. Just know in advance whether or not you qualify. Otherwise, you will be disappointed living here.

It might speak to your wife's practicality the stark difference between the People's Republic and NoVa. The people are less friendly and the taxes are higher. Of course, 5-10 years from now, Virginia may become very much like Maryland, God forbid.

If you are from MA, then you are accustomed to living in an unfriendly place. Truly, this is grading on a curve. There are worse places, CA, NJ, and NY, but that's about it.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Virginia IS turning blue, but Maryland is so blue, it's darn near BLACK! Lord help me if I ever contemplated living (again) in Maryland. (I grew up as an Army brat in Havre De Grace, pop was DOD Civil Service at APG)
    You really should figure out a way to reconsider...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You got kids? If so, be advised that public schools are indoctrination camps. Also they jive you about "Magnet Schools" which are supposedly geared toward higher achieving students, but are really a scam to racially balance schools. If you have the money for private schools, that's by far the best way to go.

I understand that getting a carry permit in Mass is possible, depending on where you live. Not the case in MD. The State Police hate giving anyone a permit. The politicians hate anyone who wants one. The legislature has a veto-proof lock thanks to gerrymandered districts, and they mostly hate gun owners, conservatives, and anyone who doesn't fit their "diversity" profile.

Your vote will count for nothing if you support the current federal administration. You will never get the opportunity to elect a Republican if you live anywhere in Montgomery, Prince George's, Baltimore.

It was a nice state when we moved here in 1974. Now our extended family is rooted here, and escape is not going to be easy. I've been regretting living here for the last ten years.

Your call, of course. But I can't imagine any job in Laurel to be worth the hassle of living in this Gulag.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I lived in MD from the time I got out of the service in 1973 until I could not wait to cross the border into WV in 2014. Lucky I found a government contracting job in WV well before I moved. I saw it all happen in MD from the Free State till the People's Republic of Maryland. They nibbled away at everything until I suddenly realized I did not want to live under this "system" anymore.
    If you have to live in MD the gun friendliest places are probably the Eastern Shore, Western Maryland or Frederick county or somewhere on the border of a gun friendlier state.
    But only if you have to live or exist in Md.

taylord97

Feb 28, 2019
    Cecil county
    So I currently live in Northern VA and for me the gun laws are great especially coming from Massachusetts in the Boston area. So I’m not a stranger to tight laws but I have been told Maryland is much worse than my hometown of Boston. I would love to stay in Northern VA but my wife works in laurel and is tired of the commute. Will I really have that much trouble getting a carry permit and I have an AR15 and two pistols VP9 and PPS M2 I’m assuming the pistols are fine but my AR not ? I conceal carry for work so being denied would be shitty

Welcome!
    I wish you the best of luck moving. (Maryland) is definitely a difficult state to live in aside from the gun laws. It’s very expensive. I had a family member try to move here from Phoenix, VA. I warned her of the expenses of living in this state! It’s crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom