• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Friday evening I stopped by one of my regular places for dinner. This is an indoor, as well as "beach" restaurants. I was gonna sit out in the beach area and get a quick bite. Upon arriving, a security type asks me if I had a "knife or any other multitool" I told him I did have a pocket knife, he said he could hold it for me or I could return it to my car.

I showed him my W&C and gave him the reason I was issued it, (direct threat on my life) he called the head of security, he came and talked to me, asked a few questions, and then ok'ed me in, with my pistol. I must say, very pleasant experience, wasn't made to feel like a criminal. Oh, they didn't make me take my knife back to car! Lol

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A restaurant asked you if you had a knife?
    Do they serve steak? A steak knife is bigger than my pocket knife.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Maybe this place isn't so bad after all. :)

http://www.sunsetcovemd.com/houserules

7. NO Excessively Baggy Clothing
    8. Hats must be worn forward or backward
    12. Shirts and Pants are required in all dining areas at all times. Pants are to be worn properly.

Shhhhhh, let all the haters stay away, this place rocks , I means sucks, with live bands on weekends. I usually have dinner, then kick back on boat watching hotties, listening to music. This place sucks, stay away!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well that sucks, MDS meetups are ruled out. We'll have to have them on the beach at Sandgates instead.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    hey jabronis, they let him in. don't forget that. there are guns in there 24/7. concealed means concealed.

the traffic director guy carries a revolver in his right cargo pocket. love to see him try to run with that there.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for sharing Thier.

As for some other comments about boycotting... Let's boycott a place that lets a handgun carrier in. Yay! Derp!

Places have flexible policies like that to keep the shitbags out.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Do they have dockage? Looks like a future trip for us. Thanks
    They have a transient pier, BUT, it does get very busy, also, be forewarned, Baltimore County marine unit often waits at the mouth of Frog Mortar Creek, (they are stationed there) and speeding (6mph) is frowned upon, as is drunk boating. I'm all for the enforcement, my home marina is MD Marina, (I over look Sunset Cove) 8^)

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    This thread was more about an establishment allowing in a permit holder.

I guess I should fully disclose what Sunset cove is. There is a main restaurant, open year round, they have a beach dining area, as well as a Tiki bar, that are very popular in the warm weather, so I guess it would fall into the nightclub description. It gets VERY busy on weekends, as I left I asked the security guy that first greeted me. There was an incident I believe two seasons ago, that just happened to be on the same road, but if I remember correctly was NOT related to the Cove.
    I asked him if something else happened to cause the "new" security measures. He said they just wanted to keep the place fun and under control, as the tiki bar overlaps the restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom