AGC Steel Challenge (Sat 12/7)and IDPA (Sat 12/21)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    It's five o'clock somewhere....
    Heyyy now, how about them pistol caliber carbines...
    70c726e10a424bc641983380ba109bdc.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Just remember guys that in a sanctioned match anything with a pistol brace is not allowed.

APPENDIX H9–Pistol Caliber Carbine Division
    1 Minimum barrel length None(see Special Conditions)
    2 Accepted calibers 9mm, .38 special,.357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, .45 ACP
    3 Minimum velocity None
    4 Maximum velocity 1600 FPS
    5 Maximum ammunition capacity No
    6 Must have stock attached and be capable of being fired from shoulder position. **Note: Sig Brace and any variant thereof is not allowed** Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed, provided they meet the criteria above.**see Special Conditions**Yes
    7 Optical/Electronic sights permitted PCCI –No PCCO –Yes
    8 Compensators / Muzzle brakes permitted PCCI –Yes PCCO –Yes
    9 Flash hiders permitted Yes
    10 Suppressors permitted PCCI –No PCCO –No
    11 Sling use authorized Yes, during course of fire only. Not for transport.
    12 Start Position (Low ready is defined as both hands on the carbine, buttstock seated on shoulder. Head may be on buttstock or above)Low ready pointing muzzle at aiming flag, safety may be off, finger outside of the trigger guard.
    13 Handling requirements Rifle to be transported in a closed case, scabbard,or “3-gun” cart. Chamber flags must be used regardless of method of transport.
    14 Magazine and Magazine holder restrictions No side-by-side magazine couplers allowed. End-to-end coupling/extension is allowed.
    15 Full Auto/ “Burst” Capabilities (one trigger pull fires more than one round--see special conditions) Permitted, but semi-auto function only
    16 Binary Triggers (firearm fires once on trigger pull and once on release)Not Allowed
    Note: PCCI= Pistol Caliber Carbine Irons; PCCO= Pistol Caliber Carbine Open
    Special Conditions:
    1)Short Barreled Rifles (SBR’s) are permitted provided that the competitor is in full compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations concerning ownership and transport of the SBR.
    2)Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed as long as the conversion is shot in PCC division, and meets the criteria in #6.
    3)Lever rifles must gate load (on the side) only, no front tube loading rifles are allowed.
    4)Full auto, burst fire, mechanically aided bump fire, and binary fire will result in a procedural on the first instance, and a disqualification for any subsequent occurrences, (unsafe gun handling).

As long as its not-sanctioned you can do whatever your club rules allow.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just remember guys that in a sanctioned match anything with a pistol brace is not allowed.

APPENDIX H9–Pistol Caliber Carbine Division
    1 Minimum barrel length None(see Special Conditions)
    2 Accepted calibers 9mm, .38 special,.357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm, .45 ACP
    3 Minimum velocity None
    4 Maximum velocity 1600 FPS
    5 Maximum ammunition capacity No
    6 Must have stock attached and be capable of being fired from shoulder position. **Note: Sig Brace and any variant thereof is not allowed** Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed, provided they meet the criteria above.**see Special Conditions**Yes
    7 Optical/Electronic sights permitted PCCI –No PCCO –Yes
    8 Compensators / Muzzle brakes permitted PCCI –Yes PCCO –Yes
    9 Flash hiders permitted Yes
    10 Suppressors permitted PCCI –No PCCO –No
    11 Sling use authorized Yes, during course of fire only. Not for transport.
    12 Start Position (Low ready is defined as both hands on the carbine, buttstock seated on shoulder. Head may be on buttstock or above)Low ready pointing muzzle at aiming flag, safety may be off, finger outside of the trigger guard.
    13 Handling requirements Rifle to be transported in a closed case, scabbard,or “3-gun” cart. Chamber flags must be used regardless of method of transport.
    14 Magazine and Magazine holder restrictions No side-by-side magazine couplers allowed. End-to-end coupling/extension is allowed.
    15 Full Auto/ “Burst” Capabilities (one trigger pull fires more than one round--see special conditions) Permitted, but semi-auto function only
    16 Binary Triggers (firearm fires once on trigger pull and once on release)Not Allowed
    Note: PCCI= Pistol Caliber Carbine Irons; PCCO= Pistol Caliber Carbine Open
    Special Conditions:
    1)Short Barreled Rifles (SBR’s) are permitted provided that the competitor is in full compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations concerning ownership and transport of the SBR.
    2)Handgun to carbine conversions are allowed as long as the conversion is shot in PCC division, and meets the criteria in #6.
    3)Lever rifles must gate load (on the side) only, no front tube loading rifles are allowed.
    4)Full auto, burst fire, mechanically aided bump fire, and binary fire will result in a procedural on the first instance, and a disqualification for any subsequent occurrences, (unsafe gun handling).

As long as its not-sanctioned you can do whatever your club rules allow.

We are a long way off from having a sanctioned match. At this point, our goal is to expose as many shooters to action shooting as we possibly can, thereby getting them good and hooked. In doing so, we hope to sell more range badges and earn enough money through fees to build our program out.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    No worries. This give me a chance to test the scorpion platform. If I like it in these unsanctioned matches I'll simply buy a carbine for when we do and I compete elsewhere. I still have two Colt brand ar9s that would fit the bill in a pinch anyhow.

Thanks for the rule text though.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    With luck, I'll be testing out a virginal new pistolish-kinda-thing-with-a-brace on Saturday. Depends on whether I'm not disapproved Friday or Saturday. For sanctioned matches I've got a full length, stocked carbine. But for as long as AGC is keeping it just for fun, well, then I'm going to play it just for fun.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This is happppeninnnng...tomorrow! :party29:

I'm going to be a bit of a wreck. :o In addition to being there without my better three-quarters (:sad20:), work has been especially worky this week. I'm kinda sore all over. Being out in the wind sucked the life out of me, too...but I'm still excited (probably enough so that I'll have a hard time sleeping...great :rolleye12 ). I'll still do my best to help set up and clean up...I just might be a little slower and groanier about it :innocent0

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    No worries. This give me a chance to test the scorpion platform. If I like it in these unsanctioned matches I'll simply buy a carbine for when we do and I compete elsewhere. I still have two Colt brand ar9s that would fit the bill in a pinch anyhow.

Thanks for the rule text though.

My buddy Tony R. will be in my squad on Saturday. He is a Steel Challenge GM in PCCO, and has shot the USPSA PCC championship. He has shot a lot of different platforms so ask him. Not sure if he has used the Sig platform yet but he is still using an AR-9 like I do.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    My buddy Tony R. will be in my squad on Saturday. He is a Steel Challenge GM in PCCO, and has shot the USPSA PCC championship. He has shot a lot of different platforms so ask him. Not sure if he has used the Sig platform yet but he is still using an AR-9 like I do.
    I have been shooting a Colt AR9 since the late 80s. Still have a '95 6450. Great shooter. I will look Tony up...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Looks like you guys are in my squad, this should be fun to watch.

I will have PMC Bronze 124 gr 9mm for sale as well, $180/case.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You all are hilarious. It’s a shame that I can’t be there tomorrow. It would be like a reunion.

There are so many ways that may go wrong. Mine's braided and not entirely gray just yet, in case you have to resort to those sorts of nuances to sort out all the hippies.

I have seen Jerry perform live 17 times, and still carry a brass Steal Your Face on my key chain. I have caught break outs for: Reuban and Cherise, Loose Lucy, Dark Star, Casey Jones, et al.
    That being said, I am holding 1000rds of 9mm for a dirty hippy who won a raffle.
    (If it isn't obvious, I'm effing with you)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom