• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Our club had a clay shoot today, and this past week I have been hitting the Walmarts looking for clays, Federal bulk 12G shells, and another metal ammo can. No one had any clays, except the Westminster store that had a broken box. No one except Westminster had metal cans, of which I got the only one they had left for my black powder supplies. And no bulk 12G federal shells, just 20G, and Winchester, which I don't care for. The shelves for basic birdshot were looking pretty lean.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Our club had a clay shoot today, and this past week I have been hitting the Walmarts looking for clays, Federal bulk 12G shells, and another metal ammo can. No one had any clays, except the Westminster store that had a broken box. No one except Westminster had metal cans, of which I got the only one they had left for my black powder supplies. And no bulk 12G federal shells, just 20G, and Winchester, which I don't care for. The shelves for basic birdshot were looking pretty lean.

I was in the Fallston Walmart one day last week and they had an entire pallet of clay birds.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Decided to drive over and visit the folks at Hafer's Gunsmithing in Hagerstown this morning. Parking lot was totally full and handguns seemed to be the choice of the crowd-- 3 or 4 walked out the door during my visit (obviously purchased at least 7 days prior) while several more were going through the paperwork drill for purchase. Not much action on the long gun front--- never have seen it that busy.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The pace of gun sales continues to increase. It looks like 'Rona is a better gun salesman than Obama was.

The number of NICS checks in in for June.........3,931,607 another new monthly record.

In just six months there have been almost as many background checks (19, 180,047) as happened in the whole year in 2012 (19,592,303).

I should have included the link to the raw data:
    https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

When I went looking for a graphical representation of the numbers I came across a graph of the numbers as adjusted by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) as of the May totals.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2020/06/02/nics-gun-check-figures-highest-on-record-for-any-may-in-history
    Oliva pointed to the trade group’s latest survey of firearm retailers that showed 40% of recent gun buyers are purchasing a firearm for the first time. Further, of those millions of first-time gun owners, 40% are women and are overwhelmingly buying handguns for personal protection.

Last edited:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    The pace of gun sales continues to increase. It looks like 'Rona is a better gun salesman than Obama was.

The number of NICS checks in in for June.........3,931,607 another new monthly record.

In just six months there have been almost as many background checks (19, 180,047) as happened in the whole year in 2012 (19,592,303).

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that June's record was not the 'Ronas. The Leftist rebellion was more likely the cause for the latest surge and some of those numbers are their checks.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Proud contributor to the record numbers. I am also patiently (no, not really =P ) waiting for a midwest industries 308 rifle to come back in stock on their site so I can add another to the tally.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This whole thing is terrifying.

The left has lost the "You don't need a gun, call 911" argument.

The left seen the number of new gun owners explode overnight.

This can't be part of their grand plan. It truly worries me how they will perform a course correction to undo the damage, and how they will reconcile the fact that they've given up on "Call 911" as a solution.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

This can't be part of their grand plan. It truly worries me how they will perform a course correction to undo the damage, and how they will reconcile the fact that they've given up on "Call 911" as a solution.

As long as the left continues backing peaceful rioters and blaming those they've intimidated into silence as violent racists, they're not into course correction. Some of the more pragmatic seditious globalists among their number are seriously worried about how that will taint their election prospects, but they let the anarchists out of Pandora's box, and they're not going back inside.

They can't drop their anti-gun rhetoric, even as a goodly percentage of their party is out there buying guns. They can't drop their anti-police line, or they'll be branded as racists by the True Believers.

They cried Havoc, and loosed the dogs of war, and they will be eaten by them.

All they can do is to amp up the chaos. Backing down is no longer possible. When things get seriously dicey, Trump will push for law and order - presumably a lot closer to November - and the relieved populace will cheer him as the Cavalry and the US Marines come to the rescue.

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Never stop your enemy when he is in the process of defeating himself.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Getting so a fella needs a program to know which group is affiliated with which (ignorant anti-American) philosophy.

Concur to never interrupt your enemy when they are in the process of disemboweling themselves.

The only problem I see is there’s likely a helluva lot of carnage between here and done...not all them, on them.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville

Just maybe, we’ve over estimated them and they really are as dumb as the Republicans, and don’t have much of a plan outside of gun bad.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Getting so a fella needs a program to know which group is affiliated with which (ignorant anti-American) philosophy.

Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius -Caesarius of Heisterbach

"Kill them. For the Lord knows who are His"

More commonly known as: "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out".

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    +1 on contributing to the record numbers. Purchased a DD Mk18 Pistol last week--waiting for the boys in Black Creek, GA to put 'er in the post to the FFL.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Just maybe, we’ve over estimated them and they really are as dumb as the Republicans, and don’t have much of a plan outside of gun bad.
    I would rather not underestimate the enemy. They are too well funded and organized not to have a plan.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    LOL! Somebody asks and I say I'm not sure!

Years ago I started a spreadsheet to keep track along with purchase dates, amount paid, serial numbers. Got kind of hard to keep track. Last time I did a full ammo inventory it took about 4 hours to get a full accounting.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The News is wrong again

Research Tentatively Links COVID-19 Gun Sales Spike To Increased Violence
    https://wamu.org/story/20/07/09/res...vid-19-gun-sales-spike-to-increased-violence/

The "News" is wrong again. Or they are playing spin the narrative to fit your agenda.

They have it backwards the increase in uncertainty because of the Wuhan Epidemic followed by worries brought on by the many shortages topped off by Antifa violence and BLM riots and the calls to do away with the police is driving up gun sales. Correlation does not equal causation.

Probably the percentage of gun events compared to the total number of firearms is going down as it has been for a number of years. An armed society is a polite society.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Record Numbers of Americans Try to Buy Guns

Among the new buyers are people who say they never thought they would own a firearm and were previously critical of those who did.

John Kingdon, 42, has marched and signed petitions for gun control, spurred by the 2012 mass shooting at a movie theater in Colorado and another at a gay nightclub in Orlando in 2016. But in May, the registered Democrat who lives in the Denver area bought a Sig Sauer P320 semiautomatic pistol online for around $550.

“If I had a hard time getting police to respond to me when we weren’t in a pandemic, what about now?” he said.

And take a look at this new gun owner. :sad20: And doing it with a Sig on top of it.

im-208740

https://www.wsj.com/articles/record-numbers-of-americans-try-to-buy-guns-11594719000

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom