Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle

Notices

Old August 11th, 2017, 08:59 AM   #121
clandestine

AR15 Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantstop View Post
I have a Maryland Shooters flag I can send. Thanks for doing this Chad.
Thank you my friend.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #122
clandestine

AR15 Instructor

Vortex Scope and AIM Bolt Carrier arrived today.
Old August 12th, 2017, 04:31 PM   #123
clandestine

AR15 Instructor

Flag and Donation Arrived. Thanks cantstop.
Old August 12th, 2017, 06:00 PM   #124
fidelity
piled higher and deeper

Moving quickly.

Chad, are there newer pictures of Charles? My youngest was wondering about the items that DA and I were putting together, so I told him the basic story of the young soldier and showed him pictures. Because they end with hospital shots, my youngest wanted to see if he's alright now (and understands he would have prosthetics - which the youngest thinks are cool as it were). If there is a more recent pic or two, mind adding in the thread? I'll see if I missed a post, and it's already there. Thanks, my friend.

ETA: btw, the youngest still remembers you from the SOTAR sticker you gave him. So knows it's you who's coordinating something for this young hero.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Old August 13th, 2017, 06:05 PM   #125
DaemonAssassin
Insane in the mainframe

Location: Fredneck County, People's Democratic Republic of the State of Maryland
I have a box of parts that will be sent out this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post
Like cherry blossoms in spring

Ban hammer falls and makes all better
Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

SOTAR FTW!

Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life
MDC

DaemonAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 06:41 PM   #126
Doco Overboard

Name:  H H.jpeg
Views: 137
Size:  106.1 KB there he is standing up on the right of the first post with his back turned at the crab feast. to the right of the stroller in a couple seats blue shirt, like a bear. sorry nothing closer
Doco Overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 06:57 PM   #127
clandestine

AR15 Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
Moving quickly.

Chad, are there newer pictures of Charles? My youngest was wondering about the items that DA and I were putting together, so I told him the basic story of the young soldier and showed him pictures. Because they end with hospital shots, my youngest wanted to see if he's alright now (and understands he would have prosthetics - which the youngest thinks are cool as it were). If there is a more recent pic or two, mind adding in the thread? I'll see if I missed a post, and it's already there. Thanks, my friend.

ETA: btw, the youngest still remembers you from the SOTAR sticker you gave him. So knows it's you who's coordinating something for this young hero.

I asked Charles before posting and he gave me these two photos. He said the following:

"I have a real soft spot for kids, especially when they take an interest in the disabled veterans community. I'd like to send him something and thank his Dad."
Attached Images

Old August 13th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #128
Nnztg8r
Extinguished member

Ask him if his feet sweat in those boots...

He will laugh.

The more folks I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Those who would give up their freedom for security will end up with neither...
Nnztg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 08:18 PM   #129
fidelity
piled higher and deeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
I asked Charles before posting and he gave me these two photos. He said the following:

"I have a real soft spot for kids, especially when they take an interest in the disabled veterans community. I'd like to send him something and thank his Dad."
That's very sweet of Charles. My 5-yr was worried when he saw the pictures ending with him in the hospital. I just showed him the new pics, said Mr. Harris sent these for you to see that he's ok and doing something he loves, and isn't it cool how he used the part of his new leg to rest his shotgun before shooting. After smiling for a spell, my little guy then ran to play with toys again.

Please feel free to share my contact info with Charles at any time.

Old August 15th, 2017, 09:21 AM   #130
WV11BCDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnztg8r View Post
Ask him if his feet sweat in those boots...

He will laugh.
Lol, So funny story we were deer hunting one time and I stepped in a puddle, on the way out to pick up another guy from a stand I asked him if he had an extra pair of socks cause my feat where soaked. As he's climbing down from the stand he's explaining to me where he has extra socks in his truck. By the time he gets down he realizes I have no feet have no way of telling my socks are soaked. Rest of that deer season he asked me every time if I needed I socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doco Overboard View Post
there he is standing up on the right of the first post with his back turned at the crab feast. to the right of the stroller in a couple seats blue shirt, like a bear. sorry nothing closer
Always a good time on the Eastern Shore Brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
That's very sweet of Charles. My 5-yr was worried when he saw the pictures ending with him in the hospital. I just showed him the new pics, said Mr. Harris sent these for you to see that he's ok and doing something he loves,
No problem, I'm glad to see he was concerned. Lot of kids just have questions. Much rather them ask then stare you know what I mean. Now a days I'm very open about it. Back when I was at Walter Reed I wasn't always willing to talk about it. A lot of us use to make up stories of how it happen based upon where we where at when asked. I've told kids I lost them in a lion attack at the zoo before. One guy was asked why he lost his legs he told them he always wanted a wheel chair. You really got to have a sense of humor about it. An injury only defines you if you let it.

Thanks again everyone
WV11BCDH is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Training > School of the American Rifle