• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I searched and didn't see any threads on this and I don't even know if it's a MD approved handgun. Apparently there is a problem with the locking lugs shearing off and used guns have been sold in this condition.

Let's see if I remember how to post a youtube video

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I've had overwhelmingly positive experiences from Atlantic Firearms, so I was surprised to hear Ian say what he said.
    But that's one side of the story, and Atlantic deserves the opportunity to explain their version of events.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Ian's update where he eats some humble pie: Atlantic didn't post anything about it because they had already contacted every single buyer and there where only 10 total pistols sold (5 to one person) by them. Atlantic wasn't the only seller of these, so owners should still check their locking blocks.

https://youtu.be/er60otPKUP0

Also worth mentioning: Ian has uploaded a new version that doesn't call out Atlantic. Glad to see all parties involved handle things maturely.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Ian's update where he eats some humble pie: Atlantic didn't post anything about it because they had already contacted every single buyer and there where only 10 total pistols sold (5 to one person) by them. Atlantic wasn't the only seller of these, so owners should still check their locking blocks.

https://youtu.be/er60otPKUP0

Also worth mentioning: Ian has uploaded a new version that doesn't call out Atlantic. Glad to see all parties involved handle things maturely.

I don't think Ian was trying to toss them under the bus, he just commented that that's just where they happened to be reselling them. I think he removed the name more so because of the fact that a group of angry people were sending deaths threats and so on to the company.

While it's good that Atlantic did something rather than nothing, they did specifically stated that the guns were safe to shoot, which they weren't. At the very least I think they could have made a more public apology. I don't see why they had to be so quiet about it- seems sketchy to me.

I think the only lesson learned here was from Atlantic. Don't be lazy. If you're going to sell a product, make sure that it is what you guarantee it is before you sell it. It might cost a couple bucks but it'll protect you from negative press and lawsuits, neither of which are particularly fun.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Ian made a flippant comment and a bunch of gun Karens went apeshit on Atlantic without knowing the whole story. Atlantic sold exactly 10 firearms and contacted all six buyers personally to tell them there was an issue when it was discovered. Yes it would be great if they had disassembled each firearm prior to selling them, but basically no one does that and it is a fairly unreasonable ask for a large retail operation. Particularly when it comes to cheap surplus guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom