• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndamend

Jan 22, 2020
    Just registered something today. Will update how long the process is.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Any DC residents buy a long gun from BPS? My Lt is a DC resident and found a great deal on a Stoeger. He’s wondering if BPS will deal with him?

Does pop-gunner still frequent here?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Any DC residents buy a long gun from BPS? My Lt is a DC resident and found a great deal on a Stoeger. He’s wondering if BPS will deal with him?

That place is a hike. Depending on where he lives in DC, might be easier to have BCG ship to United or NOVA Armory and transfer from there depending on total cost. Remember he will have to go to BCG (or another the transferring FFL) twice. Once to fill out the PD-219, and again to pick up the gun after the registration comes through. Gas may be cheap, but time isn’t.

No employee discount on MPD’s FFL service? ;) Damn. If he is looking at a few more purchases, MPD is charging per transaction, not per firearm, so if you do 3+ guns, coupled with the reduced travel, the $125 fee isn’t bad.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    That place is a hike. Depending on where he lives in DC, might be easier to have BCG ship to United or NOVA Armory and transfer from there depending on total cost. Remember he will have to go to BCG (or another the transferring FFL) twice. Once to fill out the PD-219, and again to pick up the gun after the registration comes through. Gas may be cheap, but time isn’t.

No employee discount on MPD’s FFL service? ;) Damn. If he is looking at a few more purchases, MPD is charging per transaction, not per firearm, so if you do 3+ guns, coupled with the reduced travel, the $125 fee isn’t bad.

It’s more of the price of the gun. They are having a good sale on the shotgun he wants and on top of the sale giving a 5% police discount.

Pop gunner is in the process of answering my BPS question. Normally I’d just send him to A1Uniform but in this instance it does kinda make sense to do BPS.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Just registered something today. Will update how long the process is.
    Now that you have to call and make an appointment with them, how far out is the appointment? Few days or few weeks? Lol.

They have one pistol of mine and another should get there Monday.

Haven't had any problems with FFLs shipping to DC.

Some were aware of changes and others just needed a quick explanation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV

They treat it like a handgun purchase and will only ship to FFL in DC!!!!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Is it the M3000 Semi-Auto in Camo you are looking at?

Not me but yes. My Lt saw it for $350 and they give a 5% LEO discount. He spoke with BPS and with this whole Sykes thing they were unsure of how to handle it.

Honestly though a big thanks to a member here for pointing me in the right direction for my boss.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    Not me but yes. My Lt saw it for $350 and they give a 5% LEO discount. He spoke with BPS and with this whole Sykes thing they were unsure of how to handle it.

Honestly though a big thanks to a member here for pointing me in the right direction for my boss.

Hopefully with MPD taking over they will inform BPS that shotguns don't need to be transferred through them because at that price I would have pulled the trigger on the Stoeger.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Ok so MPD just called me to setup my interview.

Their first available date is was second week of June.

More time to keep buying!

2ndamend

Jan 22, 2020
    Now that you have to call and make an appointment with them, how far out is the appointment? Few days or few weeks? Lol.

They have one pistol of mine and another should get there Monday.

Haven't had any problems with FFLs shipping to DC.

Some were aware of changes and others just needed a quick explanation.

I got lucky and got an appointment the day after they got my pistol. I had to keep calling around to figure things out because i had no clue the post office doesn't deliver to that building. My first purchase was via ups and sent to Sykes. A guy canceled and they slid me in the next morning. They didn't give me the frame on registration but I'll call them at the 2 week mark since that's how long my first registration took. Shouldn't take any longer than mid June.

chen t

May 20, 2020
    I got lucky and got an appointment the day after they got my pistol. I had to keep calling around to figure things out because i had no clue the post office doesn't deliver to that building. My first purchase was via ups and sent to Sykes. A guy canceled and they slid me in the next morning. They didn't give me the frame on registration but I'll call them at the 2 week mark since that's how long my first registration took. Shouldn't take any longer than mid June.

Hi there, can you elaborate on the post office not delivering to that building? I recently ordered a handgun and they shipped it USPS there. They apparently tried to deliver Sunday which of course it was closed and while usps’s site says they will try to redeliver on the next business day, nothing has changed since Friday.

Reached out to USPS and couldn’t get a human to speak with. Reached out to the number listed for the MPD/FFL and angrily got told “I don’t deal with shipping”.

Funny enough the FFL I ordered from also tried to see if they could get help from the DC MPD FFL and had a similar experience. The FFL I ordered from is following up with their postmaster general who will call the postmaster general who should have the handgun.

Any advice on how you resolved your issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2ndamend

Jan 22, 2020
    Hi there, can you elaborate on the post office not delivering to that building? I recently ordered a handgun and they shipped it USPS there. They apparently tried to deliver Sunday which of course it was closed and while usps’s site says they will try to redeliver on the next business day, nothing has changed since Friday.

Reached out to USPS and couldn’t get a human to speak with. Reached out to the number listed for the MPD/FFL and angrily got told “I don’t deal with shipping”.

Funny enough the FFL I ordered from also tried to see if they could get help from the DC MPD FFL and had a similar experience. The FFL I ordered from is following up with their postmaster general who will call the postmaster general who should have the handgun.

Any advice on how you resolved your issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey. So apparently, usps doesn't deliver to mpd. They have a designated mail person from mpd who goes to the post office everyday to get their mail. My package last Monday said no one was avaliable to sign and Tuesday magically it said it was delivered and signed for. I would go up to the post office and see whats going on its the post office at 900 Brentwood rd, NE. I went up there and they informed me all this info. So the only thing I can think of is the person who gets the mail isn't working. I've heard previously when she was on vacation no one in the building got their mail for a week. The ffl guy did the same thing to me when I inquired about the shipping but he also didn't know when I went into register that the lady goes to pick it up and usps doesn't actually deliver to the building. All he knows is the lady brings all the packages to him. Her last name is Campbell im not sure of her first name.

chen t

May 20, 2020
    Hey. So apparently, usps doesn't deliver to mpd. They have a designated mail person from mpd who goes to the post office everyday to get their mail. My package last Monday said no one was avaliable to sign and Tuesday magically it said it was delivered and signed for. I would go up to the post office and see whats going on its the post office at 900 Brentwood rd, NE. I went up there and they informed me all this info. So the only thing I can think of is the person who gets the mail isn't working. I've heard previously when she was on vacation no one in the building got their mail for a week. The ffl guy did the same thing to me when I inquired about the shipping but he also didn't know when I went into register that the lady goes to pick it up and usps doesn't actually deliver to the building. All he knows is the lady brings all the packages to him. Her last name is Campbell im not sure of her first name.

Thanks! I just got an update that Ms. Campbell
    signed for it around 12:40 pm. Hopefully they can put this stuff up somewhere it would be good for FFLs to know this. Now to wait for call to wait weeks for an appointment! Thanks for sharing your experience so far, looking forward to hearing more of the “adventures of exercising your 2a rights”

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    I am not sure if this has anything to do with the shipping debacle. But, the Brentwood USPS location is the one that had the issue with anthrax contamination years ago. That facility handles much (all?) of the government USPS traffic. They continue to inspect and irradiate incoming mail. Getting mail through and from that facility always takes extra time.

chen t

May 20, 2020

Did MPD call you or did you call them? My handgun got picked up yesterday so I’m assuming it’ll be in the FFL’s by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom