• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    I have a 2 letter Serial number Glock 19 gen2. I’m not the original owner. It has been sitting in my safe for a very long time. I’m looking for an armorer who can tell me if it has had the “6 part upgrade” done to it. I’m in Montgomery county. Any suggestions?

Follow up question, can this be done without sending the firearm out to Glock? I’d like to avoid that if possible. I’ve heard stories about clock changing out the frames.

Thoughts or advice?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    If your firearm falls within the serial numbers, why just not purchase the parts, think it would be cheaper than an armor checking it out.

GLOCK, INC. Technical Bulletin #920403

April 1, 1992

Glock, Inc. announces a production change of the firing pin safety system. This new firing pin safety system has been installed in all production Glock pistols since November, 1991. A voluntary upgrade is being offered to maintain the Glock tradition of ensuring that all of our pistols are up to the latest standards in 21st century Glock technology.

Most importantly, the components of the new firing pin safety system are not interchangable with the components of the old systam and Glock will always strive towards maintaining this feature of interchangability while working to ensure future interchangability.

The upgraded firing pin safety system consists of: the firing pin, firing pin safety, the extractor, the spring loaded bearing and the trigger bar. The upgraded system is applicable only to Glock pistols with the following serial number ranges :

Glock 17 - alpha prefix AA - WF
    Glock 21 - alpha prefixes through XL
    Glock 19 - alpha prefixes through WJ
    Glock 22 - alpha prefixes through YA
    Glock 20 - alpha prefixes thorugh WW
    Glock 23 - alpha prefixes through SK

The upgraded firing pin safety has a new surface finish making it nearly 100% saltwater corrosion resistant. Also, after rigorous and extensive testing, the new system proves to be more durable and has a longer useful life. Here, as alwyas, Glock is working toward maintianing its standard of perfection.

Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    What I need first is a decent set of photos on what the updated parts look like. I’m not the original owner and my unit is within the range stating that it is suggested. It may have been done already. That was the root of my question. I’m looking to see if anyone has decent images that I could compare to.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    What I need first is a decent set of photos on what the updated parts look like. I’m not the original owner and my unit is within the range stating that it is suggested. It may have been done already. That was the root of my question. I’m looking to see if anyone has decent images that I could compare to.

In that case visit, glocktalk. Without a doubt, pictures and threads are available.

Just curious, when you remove the slide, what color are the parts?

Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    I’ll get some photos up in a bit, most of the parts don’t look black like originals. That is why I’m assuming at least some parts are upgraded. It does still have the original non-captive recoil spring.

Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    303_enfield, thank you for the links. I contacted Glock and they would be “happy” to upgrade my unit. As we are aware, I would lose any of the valuable older parts so I’m going to do a good takedown of the the firearm first just to see if I have any of the legacy parts left in the unit. I will be keeping any of the old parts to either resell or store.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    303_enfield, thank you for the links. I contacted Glock and they would be “happy” to upgrade my unit. As we are aware, I would lose any of the valuable older parts so I’m going to do a good takedown of the the firearm first just to see if I have any of the legacy parts left in the unit. I will be keeping any of the old parts to either resell or store.

Yes, Glock will upgrade the parts but you'll pay shipping. Not worth it at all, they keep the old parts.

Buy the parts an do it yourself. Or go to a GSSF match an the Glock Armorer will change out the parts. They might keep the old ones. I would bring the new parts an let them change it out. An you keep the old ones.
    Joining GSSF gets you Blue label pricing :D
    An the matches are fun.
    http://www.gssfonline.com/

What ever you do, pull the uncaptured RSA ($200) an spend $5 or less for a new one.https://store.teamglock.com/gun-par...oil-spring-assembly-g19-g23-g23p-g32-g38.html

Good luck! An PLEASE don't take a soldiering iron to the gen 2 G19!!!!

Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    It looks like I have a mixed bag of parts. Certainly a silver trigger bar. I do have the darker locking block and no relief cuts behind the block. It has the darker safety “button” and the uncaptured return spring. When I contacted glock, they did say that there should be no safety issues without any upgrades. I’m leaning on leaving this as is.

Attachments

• 202336E2-F2BF-4451-A17F-259A5D1D0702.jpg
      202336E2-F2BF-4451-A17F-259A5D1D0702.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 71
    • 5AC34EE1-5CF4-46BA-8A91-7117F7D0603D.jpg
      5AC34EE1-5CF4-46BA-8A91-7117F7D0603D.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members