• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    I'm new the laser game which is why I asked the question. This seems to be a good budget unit and I've seem quite a few videos on youtube. If this is restricted then forget it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Define "budget". Getting into the rifle IR laser game on the cheap may not be such a great option. Holosun makes some DBAL clones that get reasonable reviews, though.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Here is a TFB article on the Perst3. Not directly relevant but interesting for those considering Russian night vision equipment:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...s-zenitco-perst-3-green-ir-laser-illuminator/

Whether the author didn't know how to use the equipment or the equipment was not as advertised is a tossup. That said the perst4 frankly seems worth a try for the nice pressure switch. Appears to be way more well thought out.

NV talk always makes me wish I had a MAWL. The controls are so good.

Noroar1

Jul 20, 2013
    The MAWL sure is nice but it's almost 3 grand. It's tempting but wouldn't you rather spend that money towards a good set of NV nods?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The MAWL sure is nice but it's almost 3 grand. It's tempting but wouldn't you rather spend that money towards a good set of NV nods?
    Define "good" I guess. If by that you mean $4000 PVS14s with an un-filmed white phosphor tube, maybe. But as a civilian I would probably not bother with dual tubes unless I could afford 31a weight/quality, so that's about as high as I would go. In that case I would pick the MAWL C1+ over dual tubes if I had the money.

Then again you can get a Russian pvs14 equivalent and roll the dice on quality or warranty for about $1200. Or go the DIY route. Not saying that is what I would do, but I understand the attraction of getting into a complete Russkie night vision setup for the cost of decent American NVGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom