• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My 1st cousin lives in northern part of ID and he tells me that their is almost no need for the local sheriff because with everyone carrying and its about an even split between open carry and ccw crime is way down and the only thing the local sheriffs are dealing with is theft from autos and empty buildings. Once in a great while you will run into someone who is not caring any firearms at all. They had one mom type person who moved into town and tried to get a group of red shirt moms formed and the locals set her straight real quick and she ended up moving out of state. Oregon will give out non resident permits to people who live along the county/state line in ID and travel back and forth. They have to apply to the local county sheriff for the permit but otherwise they will not hand out non resident permits. He was able to get one even tho his county boarders up against WA state but his mom lives in The Dallas which is a 3hr drive one way for him but The Dallas PD knows he is in town a lot, since my Aunt is in her late 80's, helping her so the chief of TDPD talked to the Wasco County Sheriff and he was able to get it. Anyway sorry for getting off topic but ID would not be a bad place to live if you like rain and snow..

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    https://nwgunnews.com/idaho-extends-constitutional-carry-to-all-americans/

This leaves Wyoming and North Dakota as the only CC states with residency requirements.:thumbsup:

New law goes into effect July 1.

Unless the law is written very carefully, I do not see how this could stand up to a court challenge.

If the law is framed on Constitutional grounds, it must apply to all U.S. citizens, regardless of residency.

If the law is written to say a state-issued I.D. is the equivalent of a carry permit, then it's not really Constitutional Carry.

These "resident only" restrictions have always annoyed me.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Unless the law is written very carefully, I do not see how this could stand up to a court challenge.

If the law is framed on Constitutional grounds, it must apply to all U.S. citizens, regardless of residency.

If the law is written to say a state-issued I.D. is the equivalent of a carry permit, then it's not really Constitutional Carry.

These "resident only" restrictions have always annoyed me.

Correct. Only thing is finding a plaintiff who has standing (not prohibited, no ccw of any kind)

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't see it ever being challenged in court, but it would be nice to see more people pointing out the unconstitutionality of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom