• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Here is a picture of the intern..
    Megan-Allen-NRA.jpg

Linkedin says she is a "gift planning associate" For some people a mid-life crisis is a sports car or transferable machine gun.

She went to Radford? Radford women are known for their...."friendliness" :innocent0

I didn't see any details on this women in the article. Are there accusations of shenanigans?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    She went to Radford? Radford women are known for their...."friendliness" :innocent0

I didn't see any details on this women in the article. Are there accusations of shenanigans?

I accuse her of sexual assault on a pink flamingo.

LaPierre grew up in Roanoke, maybe he just wanted to give a local girl a job.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    The NRA has been playing both ends against the middle for a long time. They have been endorsing democrat candidates at all levels of government for decades claiming that there has to be a "balance" of democrats and republicans to "support" the 2A.

Just my opinion, but I am convinced the only thing the NRA truly cares about is their own wallet.

Are you kind of saying that they are the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of the 2A world? If they fix the problem, then there will be no need for them.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Agree. As Allen West commented, they need to severely whittle down the board. Right now it's something like 70 members.

They've failed in oversight. $40 million to the ad firm recently that they can't get an accounting of where the expenditures went. $18-24 million to a law firm recently, billing at something like $100k/day for who knows what. Interestingly, the guy who runs the law firm is the brother-in-law of ad firm's CEO. Guessing the ad firm recommended them, and maybe by the ad firm stalling on the audit request, the law firm makes more money.

Moreover the NRA has been spending a $25 million line of credit to help it keep afloat (possibly taken against their HQ building as collateral, iirc), and this is almost dry.

I was focusing my recent NRA donations to the NRA-ILA, which some of the recent articles suggested is still semi autonomous to the parent organization, but man, I can't help but think that they'll be collaterally affected by this nonsense. In addition to LaPierre bowing out, I do think a major part of the reform has to include a house cleaning that involves the board (installing one that doesn't shirk their oversight duty).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    Agree. As Allen West commented, they need to severely whittle down the board. Right now it's something like 70 members.

They've failed in oversight. $40 million to the ad firm recently that they can't get an accounting of where the expenditures went. $18-24 million to a law firm recently, billing at something like $100k/day for who knows what. Interestingly, the guy who runs the law firm is the brother-in-law of ad firm's CEO. Guessing the ad firm recommended them, and maybe by the ad firm stalling on the audit request, the law firm makes more money.

Moreover the NRA has been spending a $25 million line of credit to help it keep afloat (possibly taken against their HQ building as collateral, iirc), and this is almost dry.

I was focusing my recent NRA donations to the NRA-ILA, which some of the recent articles suggested is still semi autonomous to the parent organization, but man, I can't help but think that they'll be collaterally affected by this nonsense. In addition to LaPierre bowing out, I do think a major part of the reform has to include a house cleaning that involves the board (installing one that doesn't shirk their oversight duty).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think I saw that the NRA is billing NRA-ILA $6mil a year for office space, plus other "expenses"

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Well....
    The price of floating pink flamingo targets has gone up bigly' in the past months.... and target operator costs, while outta' sight, are still very easy to look at. :)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Was at the NRA range yesterday (it’s handy, and. Peaceful place on a Friday morning). Got done checking in, and was chatting with the staff, who were still taking on their morning coffee. I made some remark about how the really good coffee must be upstairs, and got a sober, look-me-in-the-eye response: “Don’t believe everything you hear, from anyone on either side taking about upstairs just now.”

I asked, “So it’s not John Wick 3 up in the boardroom?”

“Nope! But we are all going to see it tonight.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom