• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Signing it would surprise me a little.

Letting it become law by inaction would not surprise me.

The problem is his opinion polls don't drop, so he's not worried.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD

Attachments

• 0AB3C9D7-775D-4621-B4CD-12802260CD1F.jpeg
      0AB3C9D7-775D-4621-B4CD-12802260CD1F.jpeg
      18 KB · Views: 435

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Since Snowden and scherr were lawsuits against the hprb, no hprb means those cases no longer exist.

The hprb was a co defendant in the Woollard case.

Once this bill becomes law, and the hprb is dissolved, 46 years of precedent in the way msp issues permits no longer has any legal basis whatsoever. Just in time for msrpa's lawsuit to apply for cert.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Spent the day with a St. Marys County Republican operative. Nobody likes Hogan. He is spineless and stands for nothing other than Larry.

Are these the same republican "operatives" that lost a bunch of local elections that were winnable? I mean, Dems would not be able to override any vetos if these feckless whiners would have done their jobs. I would totally listen to them.. not!

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Since Snowden and scherr were lawsuits against the hprb, no hprb means those cases no longer exist.

Once this bill becomes law, and the hprb is dissolved, 46 years of precedent in the way msp issues permits no longer has any legal basis whatsoever. Just in time for msrpa's lawsuit to apply for cert.

That only matters when it’s not guns and when it suits the state. Even though you’re right, within the state courts those cases will still be mentioned every single time. Gotta come from the circuit (lol, the 4th) or the supremes.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Are these the same republican "operatives" that lost a bunch of local elections that were winnable? I mean, Dems would not be able to override any vetos if these feckless whiners would have done their jobs. I would totally listen to them.. not!

I'm guessing you're not that old. Southern Maryland used to be 100% Democrat. Lately, it has been almost all Republican. Deb Rey did lose, but she won initially against a Democrat.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Once this bill becomes law, and the hprb is dissolved, 46 years of precedent in the way msp issues permits no longer has any legal basis whatsoever
    . Just in time for msrpa's lawsuit to apply for cert.

I think this is incorrect.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What makes you think that's incorrect, Dblas? I don't know much about it so I'm curious.

Just because a person dies, a business goes out of business, or a board or elected entity no longer exists, does not nullify any findings and rulings that set any type of precedent. The ruling still exists and thus so does the precedent until another ruling comes along to change the precedent.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Just because a person dies, a business goes out of business, or a board or elected entity no longer exists, does not nullify any findings and rulings that set any type of precedent. The ruling still exists and thus so does the precedent until another ruling comes along to change the precedent.

Dan, do you know what the cut-off date (if any) is for signing/veto'ing, before it becomes law with no action by Hogan?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The last action on SB1000 was 4/5/2019. The final Bil signing by Hogan is May 23rd (Thursday). We should hear about it in the next few days one way or the other. If it was transmitted on the last possible date by the legislature, and action is taken (or not) on the last possible date, its 5/25.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Dan Bongino tore into Hogan on his podcast. Pretty good stuff.

The thing that gets me with Hogan is where does he think he's taking his "show" after his tenure as governor? Lets say he gets to Congress. Does he believe he will be well received as a Republican Senator? He will be as much of a laughing stock as the madam butterfly from New York. He won't be seated on any worthwhile committees. His Bills will be DOA. He will be another Bernie Sanders. A career politician with little to no usefulness to the party.

If he changes parties, he will get the same reaction from the Demwits. He will be a lame duck as a Congress Critter. But I guess that's what he's been as governor, so there won't be much change.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I also think its incorrect. The opinion stands as an interpretation of G&S in the statute.

However new 2nd amendment law will be made soon. Whatever it is now will be different by next June, maybe earlier.

I think this is incorrect.

What does Snowden say?
    'This court agrees that G&S is whatever the board thinks it is'. Much of this thinking is based on apprehended danger in excess of the community at large. A citizen board is representative of the community. The OAH is not , the OAH represents state interests.

What does scherr say?
    'See Snowden'

No board, no thinking whatever.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Interesting
    Bryan P. Sears
    ‏ @bpsears
    3m3 minutes ago

Word coming in that @GovLarryHogan has cancelled the May 23 bill signing ceremony, the last for the 2019 session. Awaiting word on decisions on about 350 bills left to be signed, vetoed or allowed to become law without a signature. #mdpolitics

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom