• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    They have been having a bad run lately, it seems ever new gun from the PA-10, KS-47, AKs and even AR-15s have problems.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    They have been having a bad run lately, it seems ever new gun from the PA-10, KS-47, AKs and even AR-15s have problems.

Only problem I am having is figuring out what ammo to get, and where to get it at... :)

I have 4 PSA complete AR lowers on 4 totally different combos and have never had a minutes trouble out of any of them...I hope to have the same luck with this...assuming I ever shoot it...lol

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Got one of these the other day in a trade deal...new, in the box, unfired.

One thing I failed to research beforehand was where and what ammo to buy for indoor range use...:o

Free state allows steel cased, but it has to be lead core, and not bimetal jacketed or steel core.

The more I searched around today, the more frustrated I got....Freestate had some I could buy and shoot there, but for a buck a round, I chose to skip shooting it today.

I may shoot outdoors once a year, so I could use some help in the form of suggestions on what brand ammo fits the bill, for INDOORS, and where to get it.

The cheapest I found today was like 32 cents a round for fmj poly coated.

Not sure if it's too far from you but you can shoot steel CASED bimetal ammo at the NRA indoor range.

Absolutely no AP, steel core, etc. You may want to show them before you shoot to be 100% in the clear.

The wolf / tula / red army stuff is typically $.21 a round shipped. Sportsmans guide is usually the best source for 7.62 x 39.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    No kidding? I knew about the prior PA-10 issues and of course encountered the limited mag incompatibility with the KS-47 discussed in this thread, but didn't realize their AKs and AR-15s had problems.

Although I'm not surprised about the AR-15s as I've gotten three uppers from them (no longer) and it's been so clear that they just slap them together (canted front sights, etc). By contrast, a Spikes complete upper that I got at the same time as the last PSA upper for just a bit more money appeared good to go. I should have my AR doctor (Chad) give his prognosis as he was recently giving them both a check up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Not sure if it's too far from you but you can shoot steel CASED bimetal ammo at the NRA indoor range.

Absolutely no AP, steel core, etc. You may want to show them before you shoot to be 100% in the clear.

The wolf / tula / red army stuff is typically $.21 a round shipped. Sportsmans guide is usually the best source for 7.62 x 39.

Google Maps claims it to be about an hour and a half away...but me on 495 with firearms is probably not a good idea...lol. Every time I've ever been on that road, I was amazed how many idiots could be on the same road, at the same time, all the time...

Thanks for the head's up...maybe I'll take the drive somewhere to shoot outside...either that or just go ahead and sell it, new in the box still, unfired and simply stick with my other "shoot em anywhere" guns...

Almost forgot the obligatory photo...

Last edited:

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    No kidding? I knew about the prior PA-10 issues and of course encountered the limited mag incompatibility with the KS-47 discussed in this thread, but didn't realize their AKs and AR-15s had problems.

Although I'm not surprised about the AR-15s as I've gotten three uppers from them (no longer) and it's been so clear that they just slap them together (canted front sights, etc). By contrast, a Spikes complete upper that I got at the same time as the last PSA upper for just a bit more money appeared good to go. I should have my AR doctor (Chad) give his prognosis as he was recently giving them both a check up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AR-15 is more QC than design, but I had to send multiple bolts back to them. In my opinion that company has decided that they will have low initial QC, use their customers to trouble shoot, and then try to fix any problems that come up for free. It's probably cheaper that way since many ARs are rarely shot in their owners entire lifetime.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Nutnfancy had 2 different uppers fail. One failed, he sent it in, the other failed.

Iraqveteran8888 is paid advertisement. I listened to the whole conversation at the Quiet Riot shoot where Evan from Griffin Armament told him they would give them their Ar15 grips at cost (less than $1) to include in his man can (which he sells for profit). By the conversation, clearly this wasn't the first time this happened. The next week he is out there pimping more Griffin stuff.

Most of the full 30 reviewers are im bed with the manufacturers.

I called it over a year ago!

CMMG must have been on the $35,000 per year plan.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I called it over a year ago!

CMMG must have been on the $35,000 per year plan.
    Other than the brief video clip from YM, has the IV8888 sponsorship levels document filtered out on the internet? Real black eye for them and that innocent, aw shucks, we're just good ole guys who like guns schtick. The numbers quoted by YM were more than just T&E product contributions. At least with Hickok45, he's been blunt about who gives him what, reminding everyone at the beginning of the video who provided him what and thanking his sponsors (like Federal and Buds Gun Shop).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Other than the brief video clip from YM, has the IV8888 sponsorship levels document filtered out on the internet? Real black eye for them and that innocent, aw shucks, we're just good ole guys who like guns schtick. The numbers quoted by YM were more than just T&E product contributions. At least with Hickok45, he's been blunt about who gives him what, reminding everyone at the beginning of the video who provided him what and thanking his sponsors (like Federal and Buds Gun Shop).

Not sure to be honest, but the document in that video looked legit and I didn't see them deny it.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I have a KS47 gen 1 and I like the rifle. I’ve made some modifications to mine including a free float handguard, h2 buffer, and an adjustable gas block for shooting it supressed. It’s pretty accurate for shooting cheap steel case Ammo. It is picky with magazines. It only takes Pmags or steel mags but both run flawlessly. I’d be interested in upgrading the bolt to reduce mag wear.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Has anyone got one of these?
    Clandestine sent me the video of the KS-47 Gen 2 last week. Looks like they made necessary improvements. Funny thing was when he saw mine a couple of months back, within 2-3 minutes he diagnosed what needed to be done to make it more compatible with AK-47 mags and these are the steps that PSA has taken (and should have before putting the Gen 1 out to market).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom