• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherno83

May 15, 2019
    Berwyn Heights
    Hey everyone! Just joined a few days ago and finally doing my intro LOL

I'm not originally from MD but moved here after retiring from the Navy and now currently working for Motorola Solutions servicing majority of the counties and agencies radio systems in the DMV area. I must say that I'm still quite new to guns with only a small dinky XDs 9MM but I'm currently looking to get a Canik TP9SFX (if anyone has any hookups would be greatly appreciated).

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you guys for a meetup or event some time soon!

-Quick question, due to being retired Navy; I just need to apply for a HGL and pay the $50 for it?

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    maxresdefault.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Hey everyone! Just joined a few days ago and finally doing my intro LOL

I'm not originally from MD but moved here after retiring from the Navy and now currently working for Motorola Solutions servicing majority of the counties and agencies radio systems in the DMV area. I must say that I'm still quite new to guns with only a small dinky XDs 9MM but I'm currently looking to get a Canik TP9SFX (if anyone has any hookups would be greatly appreciated).

I'm definitely looking forward to meeting you guys for a meetup or event some time soon!

-Quick question, due to being retired Navy; I just need to apply for a HGL and pay the $50 for it?

Welcome!

If you possess a military ID (active, reserves, or retired) you do not need an HQL at all. You will need to provide the DoD ID# on the paperwork when you make the purchase.

Former military who do not have an ID (non retired) do need an HQL, but are exempt from the training requirement.

Cherno83

May 15, 2019
    Berwyn Heights
    Welcome!

If you possess a military ID (active, reserves, or retired) you do not need an HQL at all. You will need to provide the DoD ID# on the paperwork when you make the purchase.

Former military who do not have an ID (non retired) do need an HQL, but are exempt from the training requirement.

Sweet! So I completely don't need a HQL then! Thank you very much for the info!

timbo76

Oct 13, 2018
    Perry Hall
    Welcome!!!
    I have (2) Canik's.
    The first one I bought was the TP9 SF Elite, liked it so much I then bought the TP9 SFX w/ Vortex Viper.

The SF have never had a single problem, shooting 115 gr CCI Blazer Brass.
    The SFX, had some FTE issues with the 115 gr, so I went to the CCI 124 gr Blazers, that broke it in good, no more issues when I shoot 115 through it now.

Good luck with your purchase, let me know if you have anymore questions pertaining to the Canik's.

Cherno83

May 15, 2019
    Berwyn Heights
    Welcome!!!

I have (2) Canik's.

The first one I bought was the TP9 SF Elite, liked it so much I then bought the TP9 SFX w/ Vortex Viper.

The SF have never had a single problem, shooting 115 gr CCI Blazer Brass.

The SFX, had some FTE issues with the 115 gr, so I went to the CCI 124 gr Blazers, that broke it in good, no more issues when I shoot 115 through it now.

Good luck with your purchase, let me know if you have anymore questions pertaining to the Canik's.

A funny thing; I was reading your thread last night and know about the break in period for the SFX due to your thread LOL

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members