• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Yes, but Malone is a decent one. JMO, but I would just email him and ask his opinion before wasting time visiting him if he is already opposed to the bills. Spend the time going after those looking to take our Rights.

I figured seeing him would be more to reinforce that he's doing the right thing, and maybe give him a few ideas and information to help alter minds of fellow committee members. I know he can't defeat anything the Ds want to pass, but maybe he can help some of the worst parts of some of the bills get reworded.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Why settle for anything other than Delegate Malone himself? Set up a time in advance. Insist on 15 minutes sometime in the next 10 days. Make yourself available on his schedule if possible. Let him see the look on your face. Only Malone is the one casting the vote - the staffers are there for cover.

This ^^^^

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Do you really want to count on his chief or anyone else in the office to do or communicate anything on your behalf? There is one person in that office that casts the vote. It is the delegate. Talk to him.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Take the "shotgun" approach. By that, I mean talk to as many legislators as you can because their vote WILL affect you, even if you are not in their district.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Why settle for anything other than Delegate Malone himself? Set up a time in advance. Insist on 15 minutes sometime in the next 10 days. Make yourself available on his schedule if possible. Let him see the look on your face. Only Malone is the one casting the vote - the staffers are there for cover.

Maybe. But in a lot of my GOV experience, the staff told the Chief what his opinion was on most issues just because there was too much gojng on at ine time for one human being to keep track of.

Why not both? An appointment with the legicritter and face-to-face time with them is priceless but dropping in occasionally to chat with staff can't hurt. They may be able to give you some insight on where the legicritter's leaning, so you can judge whether more pressure is needed.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    When you are talking face to face , don't reach down and adjust your junk . It makes the conversation very weird , I had a guy that was looking for a job one time and it made things odd . I ask him if he had some sort of issue and I was not going to talk to him while he was adjusting .

True Story

HAHAHAH omg thats hilarious. Goes back to a man spreading theoretical question i asked someone. They were hating on the concept of man spreading on the metro.. so i asked them "Would you rather he reach in pants, adjust and make room for you to sit next to him or continue man spreading until things settle down in the right spot?"

she saw the humor and re-considered her options. But yes.. no need to be tuggin it while on a job interview...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Expect a dog and pony show whenever getting face time with a politician

That's an awfully wide brush you are painting with. It really depends on the Delegate or Senator you are talking with, and their staff, with regards to how much if any traction you will get. Most will talk and ask question, about 5% - 10% will actually come out and tell not to waste their time. There are fence sitters in Annapolis, but getting them to vote how they think they should instead of how they are told, is a long and arduous process. But it can be done, so much so, that if done correctly, the entire leadership would come unhinged and threaten members of their own party if they don't vote how they are told. (That is exactly what happened back in 2013).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom