• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Are these devices legal for civilian ownership in Maryland?

[YT]jw81D5QNtUI[/YT]

https://www.tlsfx.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67

Generally things that go boom are illegal in MD. I'm still getting some though. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fireworks are illegal here so probably. But at the same time, I heard hundreds of fireworks go off in July that weren't part of a display.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Smoke bombs are listed as "fireworks" I thought they were a chemical reaction not including flame. No flash bangs listed :)

Attachments

• Law Enforcment Guide to Fireworks ID.pdf
      315 KB · Views: 266

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Smoke bombs are listed as "fireworks" I thought they were a chemical reaction not including flame. No flash bangs listed :)

It depends on the smoke bombs. But most are pyrotechnic devices (burning) to generate the smoke.

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    Where the hell do you guys live that you can't shoot fireworks. Me and my neighbor had a fireworks competition last year. Just because you have to go to a neighboring state to buy em doesn't mean they are illegal.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Where the hell do you guys live that you can't shoot fireworks. Me and my neighbor had a fireworks competition last year. Just because you have to go to a neighboring state to buy em doesn't mean they are illegal. í*½í¸‰

Ummmm, yes they are illegal in MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Joe Blow
    Feb 2, 2012
    Southern MD
    Someone needs to tell the people of Southern MD then, because as far as I have seen in the 15 years I've lived here nobody knows or cares.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Fireworks have not been illegal in Maryland for some time.

Incorrect. See below.

The only legal "fireworks" in MD are sparklers. If it shoots in the air or explodes its illegal. I dont know about you but I dont consider sparklers fireworks.

This. And me neither.

Where the hell do you guys live that you can't shoot fireworks. Me and my neighbor had a fireworks competition last year. Just because you have to go to a neighboring state to buy em doesn't mean they are illegal. ��

Still illegal. Not 11 plus round mags were talking about.

Ummmm, yes they are illegal in MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup.

https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Agencies/fire/safety education/fireworks.html

Illegal. It's actually one of our own arguments; just because something is banned or illegal (cocaine, drunk driving, murder, fireworks......) doesn't mean someone won't find a way to get to do it anyway.

I grew up in MI, where fireworks are illegal; everyone just went to Indiana, bought what they wanted, and came back to blast them off. They shouldn't be, but until we get them classified as arms, there's no Constitutional protection.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    You think MD law is bizarre, take a look at PA. The state bans fireworks for residents. It permits purchase of fireworks by non pa residents, so long as you do not light them off in PA and you remove them from the state within 24 hours. That's why all the PA fireworks stores are clustered at the first exit off the interstate.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads