• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    LOL. You're quite welcome. I enjoy writing these things.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    If you put another 86,000 rounds through it, you'll be getting close to what a Ruger Security-Six can crank out!

Seriously, I hear you can keep rebuilding those guns, can't you? They were designed to keep shooting. And shooting. And shooting.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    LOL. You're quite welcome. I enjoy writing these things.

****I'm almost embarrassed to say I have a very very well respected brand of .45 that cost me a stupid amount of money, that has more wear showing on key parts, than your Glock, after perhaps 5000 rounds.. It's super finicky about ammo, and magazines. I was told it would break in after 1000 or so rounds and stop jamming, since the gun was built "tight". I have most every 9mm Glock made in either Gen 3, or 4 and none has ever required a break in period, and they shoot pretty much whatever I put through them, accurately. I have the paperwork from my .45 showing bench rest accuracy at 25 and 50 yds, and it is indeed impressive, but no way I trust that gun with my life.

The Glock is an amazing piece of engineering, simple to maintain, and reliable. No question what I use for a home defense gun (Several Glocks, and a simple S&W .38 revolver). Obviously, if I'm expecting big trouble (Chupacabras, zombies, the T-1000..) I go for an AR, or Pump Shotgun (duh...!) .

Anyway, I compete with a Glock 34, and my main gun has mebbe 20k rounds through it now. I've replaced the recoil spring, and had trigger work done to it, but the main parts are original and the finish on the slide, and barrel are *just* starting to show wear now. Amazing to see a gun with over 86k rounds still working!

Great post and thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom