• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    The civilian version is 2K, currently on sale for $1600, deal for active LE's $750.

Non-LE version https://geissele.com/super-duty-urg-i-14-5.html

LE version: https://geissele.com/super-duty-le-16-black.html

ELIGIBILITY NOTICE

Super Duty LE is available to credentialed law enforcement officers only.
    Proof of employment is required prior to shipment, and a Geissele team member will reach out to you for this information after an order has been placed. Should an order be placed, and employment not verified, the order will be cancelled and refunded.

UPPER RECEIVER
    Mil-Spec, M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized.

MUZZLE DEVICE Mil-Spec A2 Flash Hider
    BARREL Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, 1:7 Twist, 16″ Government Profile, Geissele-length Gas System, and HP/MPI Tested
    GAS SYSTEM “Bombproof” Pinned Low Profile Geissele Super Gas Block, Geissele-Length Gas System, Direct Impingement
    HANDGUARD ALG Defense LE Blue Line V3X EMR, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
    CHARGING HANDLE Mil-Spec
    BOLT CARRIER GROUP Mil-Spec 158 Carpenter Steel, Shot Peened, HPT, MPI Tested, Full Auto Rated Carrier, upgraded ejector, 5 coil gold ejector spring, insert and high temp highly durable orange o-ring included.
    BACKUP SIGHTS Geissele Folding Sights

LOWER RECEIVER
    Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized.

TRIGGER ALG ACT – Advanced Combat Trigger
    5.5 lbs. pull weight, single stage, Nickel Boron / Nickel Teflon Coated, Full Power Hammer Spring
    PISTOL GRIP Mil-Spec A2
    BUFFER SYSTEM Super 42 H2
    Triple Wire Braided, 15% stronger average return force over standard buffer spring, removes spring reverberations (TWANG)

SAFETY Geissele Posi-Lock
    BOLT CATCH Maritime Bolt Catch
    STOCK B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD Collapsible Stock
    RECEIVER EXTENSION Mil-Spe

EDIT: Poster from Northern Va (Post #1) has great pictures and comments on the LE version
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?217295-Geissele-Super-Duty-LE-Rifle-Arrived!!!-Pic-heavy-initial-impressions

Last edited:

sasd18

Oct 29, 2017
    So question... are LE authorized to buy this in Maryland? Ya know... the whole barrel thing

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A little ironic that a company that made its name on great triggers features a trigger from someone else in their rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Somebody remind me, isn't ALG Triggers made by Geissele?

I think ALG is Mrs. Geissele's company that sells more budget friendly products. Not sure how the manufacturing differs but their website says "As a sister company to Geissele Automatics, the same manufacturing and engineering teams are utilized to deliver the most cost effective and highest quality products available."

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I think the rifle that's on sale for $1600 is the URGI clone, not the civilian version of this. I'll be interested to see what the civilian version of the super duty sells for on their website when they have pricing up (when I go to their website it just say pricing coming soon). I think $750 is a steal for LEOs looking for a patrol rifle with decent modern features. Throw an optic on it and it's good to go.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ALG is owned by Mrs G .

ALG sells a lower price point product w/o devaluing the G brand.

Mrs G's company can claim Female owned status .

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Not a heavy barrel so even law enforcement can't have without a letter from their supervisor saying it's for work.

It’s for our safety. I trust law enforcement with full autos but their ARs better be heavy barrels! SMH

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think ALG is Mrs. Geissele's company that sells more budget friendly products. Not sure how the manufacturing differs but their website says "As a sister company to Geissele Automatics, the same manufacturing and engineering teams are utilized to deliver the most cost effective and highest quality products available."

I stand corrected. Learned something new today. Didn't realize they had anything to do with each other.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    So question... are LE authorized to buy this in Maryland? Ya know... the whole barrel thing
    Haven’t checked the roster, just wanted to give a large shout-out to Mr. G
    One friggin awesome firearm
    Not a heavy barrel so even law enforcement can't have without a letter from their supervisor saying it's for work.
    :envy:
    Yeah, that’d be nice if Geissele made a MD-compliant version with a SOCOM HBAR for their neighbors here south of the Mason-Dixon line.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    goes to show you what kind of profit margin he has in these things if he can sell at that price and not take a loss.
    I don't think that this is such a terribly expensive gun to produce, TBH. It's got the budget rail and trigger, most of the premium bits are made in-house, etc. I agree that the margins on this at $750 are going to be slim, but they're not taking a loss on it.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I don't think that this is such a terribly expensive gun to produce, TBH. It's got the budget rail and trigger, most of the premium bits are made in-house, etc. I agree that the margins on this at $750 are going to be slim, but they're not taking a loss on it.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. They aren’t taking a loss at 750. Now imagine what his normal pricing profit margin is, that’s what I’m getting at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom