• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    I just recently moved into the state, currently living in Montgomery County and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good places to go hunting? I hunt deer and upland game.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    as a kid growing up, i hunted deer (unfortunately unsuccessfully) in green ridge and savage river/new germany forests out in western maryland. green ridge should be about 2 hrs west from monkey county, it's right off of I-68. savage river/new germany another hour west from there.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Theres also McKee-Besher WMA in upper Montgoco. Sits along the Potomac River just above Seneca. It is public hunting -but Im sure like most public hunting grounds, during certain seasons, you will have company.

They do have corn fields, and soybean crops (at least the last time I went there - many years ago!) Also some wetland areas.

Here is the Maryland DNR link for McKee-Besher with a map how to get there:

http://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/publiclands/central/mckeebeshers.asp

adjusterr

Mar 28, 2011
    Indian Springs, Western MD
    hunting

Download Google Earth then work it out to Green ridge state park, located on I-68 between Hancock and Cumberland, MD. If you are willing to hike a little, there is a lot of good public hunting area in Western MD. Most hunters seem to stick within a few hundred yards of the road. I live near the Indian Springs Wildlife management area, near Clear Spring, MD, and even there if you hike a ways you can find good hunting. Go to the MD DNR website, they should have some maps of hunting areas in Western MD. Out here we can still hunt with rifles.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Thanks everyone, it looks like the Mckee Besher lands butt right up to seneca creek park hunting lands? And I am no stranger to putting on a few miles during a hunt, it's almost required in Maine where I used to hunt.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Thanks everyone, it looks like the Mckee Besher lands butt right up to seneca creek park hunting lands? And I am no stranger to putting on a few miles during a hunt, it's almost required in Maine where I used to hunt.

There are 10's of THOUSANDS of under hunted acres on Eastern Shore.....and it's ALL rifle country! :thumbsup:

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Headin' out to Patuxent River State Park in about an hour. A little evening Dove/Crow/Squirrel action to end the work week.

Will be set up off Hipsley Mill Rd. near Annapolis Rock Rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom