• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just read that a TAVOR 7.62x51 is in the works to be released in 2018.

16" and 18" Barrel variants in BLK-OFG-FDE.

http://mailchi.mp/iwi/close-quarters-may-2017-two-year-anniversary-899341?e=1a9c2bddf5

Wow. That's awesome.

TAVOR 7

Specifications:
    • Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win
    • Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16" barrel; 1:10 with 18" barrel
    • OAL: 26.75" with 16" barrel (without flash suppressor)
    • Weight: 8.6 Lbs.
    • Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD
    • Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green
    Features (muzzle to butt):
    • Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24
    • 4 position variable gas regulator (including off)
    • Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock
    • Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at 6 o'clock when removed.
    • Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.
    • Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.
    • Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.
    • Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).
    • Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).
    • Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle
    • Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.
    Ambidextrous Features:
    • Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.
    • Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.
    • Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.
    • Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 45 degree rotation (unlike 90 degrees on our SAR and X95).
    • Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.
    • Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.
    Launch Date: First shipments projected to start in January, 2018.
    Price: TBD

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Gonna be a huge blast right near your face.

I think the 5.56 matchup with the bullpup design is the ideal pairing.

.308 in a bullpup is a mixed metaphor.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Yes I guess technically if my math is correct it will still be .25" to short would be nice if a small butt pad could be added so the muzzle device could be changed to owners preference.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    :cool:
    I don't hate money enough for a regular Tavor yet...
    I hear ya. Unfortunately my common sense abandoned me one day and I did pickup a Tavor. It's just so damn cool, and it's a good shooter. It is not cheap, I can't imagine the .308 version will be any less costly. Great, another reason for me to be sorely disappointed in my firearm buying self control (or lack thereof). At least I'll be able to put it off until 2018......

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Any chance they may ever make a 6.5CM model?

For those of us that live in Maryland, where the overall length is currently an issue, the 300BLK model with pinned suppressor (as DubTap21 suggests), might be the ideal ticket in this platform.

I'm liking everything Tavor is doing.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Only thing though is the DT MDR is banned, so what the Hell is that all about?

This would be a sweet shooter if you go surpassed with the availability of subsonic 308... We Hope...

I don't see a 6.5CW because the Tavor would look real funny with a 22" to 24" barrel.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Only thing though is the DT MDR is banned, so what the Hell is that all about?

This would be a sweet shooter if you go surpassed with the availability of subsonic 308... We Hope...

I don't see a 6.5CW because the Tavor would look real funny with a 22" to 24" barrel.
    I dunno, I think Desert Tech makes a pretty nice looking long range bullpup rifle (even if we can't buy it).

Last edited:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Any chance they may ever make a 6.5CM model?

Doubt it. Not really a precision-type rig. You could have a barrel made and cannibalize your original barrel parts (gas block, whatever proprietary nuts they use) though, I saw someone do that with a SCAR 17 before the 20" .308 barrels were commercially available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom