• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    :envy:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WILL SOMEONE PUT UP SOME FREAKING PICTURES?!!!

I have no idea what this gun is nor any of these accessories....but dammit now I want one:D

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

I have no idea what this gun is nor any of these accessories....but dammit now I want one:D

extended-charging-handle-sub-2000-grip.jpg

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy

mine is plain jane on the outside, not much to look at, but all the internals have been upgraded. I am still contemplating some kind of krylon camo paint job on it, been watching videos on sponge camo.

Attachments

• sub2k.jpg
      sub2k.jpg
      70.1 KB · Views: 165

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    mine is plain jane on the outside, not much to look at, but all the internals have been upgraded. I am still contemplating some kind of krylon camo paint job on it, been watching videos on sponge camo.

Make it the same color as your carpet. When you post your photo, we'll just see those shoes.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    Nice! I was giving some thought to purchasing one. Reviews are mixed as I searched Google. Please give more feedback as to the reliability of yours. Were most problems in the Gen I gun... stovepiping etc?

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Nice thanks. What are the varieties of this gun? I see mentions of taking different mags. Does this mean I can choose the mag style from what they offer or does the mag compatibility change with caliber?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    After sighting in mine (in 9mm with Beretta mags) all my shots were in a ring the size of a 50 cent piece at 25 yards. Shot off a sandbag with standard sights and no upgrades.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Nice! I was giving some thought to purchasing one. Reviews are mixed as I searched Google. Please give more feedback as to the reliability of yours. Were most problems in the Gen I gun... stovepiping etc?

here's a short review:
    I got mine off gunbroker sight unseen, it's a gen 2. when it arrived, I loved the concept. the trigger was probably tied for the worst I have ever owned. I never even shot it. Also discovered some plastic internals that should have been metal. I mean plastic is for kids toys, right? I found Mcarbo online who made all better guts for it. I ordered the upgrades and installed before my first range trip. 100% improvement in the trigger. During my initial range trip, probably 200 rounds of Winchester white box, I had ZERO issues. the rifle was shockingly accurate at 50 yards using stock sights. I was totally impressed and very happy with the end result. I got a good enuf deal on gunbroker that even with the xfer fees and the upgrades I was just a tad over MSRP on it so it worked out.

for the guy asking about variations, they make one for glock mags, then the one I got that can be configured for multiple other mags by switching a small pawl on the mag release. Mine is setup for Beretta mags cause I already have a 92fs and several mags for it. Plus I discovered beretta makes 30 round mags for the 92fs that just doubles the fun.

bottom line is I am very happy with mine now, with zero issues of any kind

Nice thanks. What are the varieties of this gun? I see mentions of taking different mags. Does this mean I can choose the mag style from what they offer or does the mag compatibility change with caliber?

Mine is a 9mm and uses M&P mags. Shoots like a dream.

Is there a pad or cover for the stock where you rest your cheek? The recoil feels a little sharp on the cheek.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Is there a pad or cover for the stock where you rest your cheek? The recoil feels a little sharp on the cheek.

TandemKross has a rubber sleeve/cover for the buffer tube, I added one to mine and it helps. there is another company selling similar item on ebay, not sure if same/better/worse.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    9mm, G17 mags, TRS-25 set to co-witness with the 'irons', folding foregrip, flash hider, tacticool operating handle cover and bolt tube cover, ATI recoil pad. Shoots everything I've fed it so far with only two stovepipes in the first 50 rounds (new gun and bad ammo). No issues at all since then.

I got a marked improvement in the trigger with a detailed polish job on the appropriate surfaces. Very happy with this, so I don't see a need for the trigger spring upgrade yet. I did upgrade the screws and studs in the grip.

Sand down the top of the pic rail where the red dot mounts on top or the optic will not hold zero (the polymer rail is not flat). I store the red dot on the bottom rail so it can all fold up nicely. With the QR mount on the red dot, swapping it around is quick and easy, and it holds center very nicely. I also modified the rear sight so it won't automatically open when the gun is unfolded. If I need 'irons' I flip it up. Don't see a need for the $45 sight upgrade.

Package fits nicely inside a nondescript Elite Survival Systems large pistol case with room for 3 happy sticks in the pocket.

Attachments

• 20170131_175802.jpg
      20170131_175802.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 128
    • 20170131_175857.jpg
      20170131_175857.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 125

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Which ATI pad did you use?

This one from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Exclusively-...03054888&sr=8-4&keywords=sub+2000+accessories

I also picked up this $30 pad off ebay that's no longer listed there. This one connects through one of the LOP adjustment holes with a pin. I thought this would be more secure, but the bottom end kind of flops around when the only attachment point is at the top. Not helpful if you're active in any way when shooting. I like the polymer in this pad better, but if it won't stay in place....

Attachments

• Recoil Pad 2.jpg
      Recoil Pad 2.jpg
      3.9 KB · Views: 103

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks! I looked for the bag you referred to but couldn't find one on their site. Which one of those did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom