• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Took one of my Star B's to the Range today. Off to a good start, than it would not eject casing and went to half-cock after each shot.
    Later when cleaning, the ring/hole under barrel where slide stop goes in to fell off. It was broken in half.
    Now I wonder if that is the cause to the problem? Any ideas? Thanks

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    I knew that someone had that same issue in the past....it's all on that post.
    So welding or crazy glue (ha) is not the solution. I have to figure out which size link comes the closest, knock that pin through and install.
    Should I assume this is what caused the half-cock?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So welding or crazy glue (ha) is not the solution. I have to figure out which size link comes the closest, knock that pin through and install.

Ur guess is as good as mine. That link is notorious for being poorly heat treated and a common issue.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for thread. (and to Chad too!)

For the record the link pin is heat treated horribly too so be careful it doesn't warp when putting it back in

You mine as well preload your thanks for Chad.....I know I have lol

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    That beats buying the whole farm to get what you need.:thumbsup:

Love Star B 9mm, took me 4 year before I was able to get one.

Jul 1, 2012

The slide was probably just not going back far enough to engage the hammer at full cock.
    Grab a new recoil spring too.
    https://www.gunsprings.com/STAR/A, ...38 Super, 9mm and 9mm LARGO/cID1/mID61/dID276
    pretty sure it's the smaller of the two but measure it
    (I have to measure each time cause I keep forgetting which is which).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I owned this gun (or one like it) many years ago, loved the look and oversized controls, build like a tank!

3230995_2P80YOQ1H.jpg

M43 Firestar

Had to sell it, needed the money. If anyone has one today and is willing to let me shoot/borrow it to reminice, that would be awesome sauce. :D

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Incorrectly fitted barrels will break links as well. The link was never designed to stop the rearward momentum of the barrel. The top of the back of the lower lugs need to strike the vertical impact surface directly behind the slide stop pin during link down.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I owned this gun (or one like it) many years ago, loved the look and oversized controls, build like a tank!

3230995_2P80YOQ1H.jpg

M43 Firestar

Had to sell it, needed the money. If anyone has one today and is willing to let me shoot/borrow it to reminice, that would be awesome sauce. :D

I agree that these are nice guns, compact, but heavy, and that makes the recoil very manageable. I have 2, one in the Starvel finish and one blued. If you are near Frederick, maybe we could meet up in go shooting them one day.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom