• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_

Dec 4, 2016
    I'm thinking about getting a Sccy cpx-2 9mm to try out. Anyone with any experience using this firearm? If possible I'll rent one at the range first, but for the price and according to most reviews, it might be a safe blind purchase for fun and potentially EDC/CCW.

Curious if anyone has any glaring opposition to it beyond the heavy trigger pull.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    no personal experience but did see favorable reviews on one of the tv gun shows (amer rifleman, etc). one thing i'd caution is just check out pricing and availability of mags, holsters and the like. that is one of the nice things about glocks, everyone makes everything for them.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I have one and like it. It did need to be fired to get reliable. I fired 2 boxes out of it when I got it and it works great. I got a holster from amazon. The shape of the gun fits many holsters. South Carroll Sporting Good had them.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Never shot one but they don't look bad. Check out the Canik pistols. They're by Century arms and aren't bad for a budget pistol.

red_

Dec 4, 2016
    Awesome, thanks to everyone for the replies! I bet it won't beat my Sig but then in terms of what it is, you never know. Could be relatively just as good. Great point about mags and holsters though, and you're right- Glock stuff is as easy to find as AR stuff... super plentiful and too many options. We'll see, I just wanna play with one.

I'll report in a few weeks when I (hopefully) pick one up.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    I'm thinking about getting a Sccy cpx-2 9mm to try out. Anyone with any experience using this firearm? If possible I'll rent one at the range first, but for the price and according to most reviews, it might be a safe blind purchase for fun and potentially EDC/CCW.

Curious if anyone has any glaring opposition to it beyond the heavy trigger pull.
    I just bought a Sccy Cpx-2 for $169. Today I took it to the range and after 60 rounds I had a complete slide failure. The gun was completely broken. This was the first 60 rounds fired through it. Wtf? Thanks to the lifetime no questions asked warranty I'm sure they'll fix it but 60 rounds? Omg.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I just bought a Sccy Cpx-2 for $169. Today I took it to the range and after 60 rounds I had a complete slide failure. The gun was completely broken. This was the first 60 rounds fired through it. Wtf? Thanks to the lifetime no questions asked warranty I'm sure they'll fix it but 60 rounds? Omg.

Sometimes you just get a lemon. Learned that with hi point's, heard alot of people bash them but then I ourchased two and never had a issue.

My friend has a sccy and it works flawless, then you got one and it broke.....

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Had the first generation. Not a great gun, but it went bang every time. VERY uncomfortable to shoot. Safety digs into the thumb knuckle.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Didn't the rear sight fly off?

Ah, yes....you are correct. It's been a few years, but now I do remember that.

That was one of the first guns I got rid of when I moved to NC. Those damned things are quite popular down here, for some reason.

For a little more than the price of a SCCY, someone could get a used Taurus.....or a Smith and Wesson SD9VE.

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    Sometimes you just get a lemon. Learned that with hi point's, heard alot of people bash them but then I ourchased two and never had a issue.

My friend has a sccy and it works flawless, then you got one and it broke.....
    Yeah, I can't really bash a $169 gun too much. I'm hoping the customer service is good. The long trigger reset took some getting used to but it was ok.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Yeah, I can't really bash a $169 gun too much. I'm hoping the customer service is good. The long trigger reset took some getting used to but it was ok.

Yeah it's a cheap gun, when they are as cheap as a sccy and hi point I just want them to work. Between the triggers,weight etc I'll work that out via reps. Aslong as it goes bang when I pull the trigger im good with it for 150-200 buck's. You can never have enough firearms and in a dooms day situation you want to be able to arm as many of your people as you can imo.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    For such an inexpensive gun I'm going to go with - recommended. I've shot a few of them now, and all that I've touched were pretty much the same. First couple times it had problems, read others found magazine springs in backward too. Other than a good cleaning and inspection, break in period of a couple boxes, it's good. I know one very solid guy who has lots of options that carries it as his (legal) ccw gun. That speaks volumes to me.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This is the one with the spongy trigger that sounds like a crossman spring loaded BB gun sound when you pull the trigger. I'm out.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I still run my hi points, they have been nothing short of reliable and accurate. I also kind of like the added weight because it reduces recoil to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom