and this one
    tumblr_okvphdiig01u501aoo1_400.gif

and these
    4bec2ebd7191733fc990dc4aea92bb7b.jpg

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Well sometime you have to go. I understand this. Make sure you don't let the Cali laws get the best of you. You ARE an American, and not a communist.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Man, I feel bad for you. I go to California for business a few times a year and by the third day I am ready to leave. I normally go to the Palmdale/Lancaster area, about an hour northeast of LA of the edge of the Mojave desert, and even there the liberalism is so thick in the air you can cut it with a knife. Take the worst bits of Maryland, New York, and New Jersey, merge them all together, and you have a taste of California.

I was upset to find out about the bottle tax. You pay 5 or 10 cents per bottle when you buy them and then if you take them to a state run recycling place you can get your nickel back. I found that out the hard way when I bought a 30 pack of bottled water at Walmart to have at work and in my hotel room. The bottle tax and sales tax ended up being over 50% of the cost of the bottles water. I don't mind recycling and voluntarily recycle whenever possible, but this is extortion. That's just one of the many, many reasons why I hate California.

I would keep as many guns as you can, because you won't be able to buy them once you get to California. Remember that each year their laws get worse, and just because you can still buy a certain gun in California now, there is no guarantee that you will be able to buy it six months or a year from now. Also, whatever you can buy outside of California is going to be better than what you can buy inside California.

California is a beautiful state. The only problem is that it's filled with Californians.

JustDucky1

May 15, 2017
    SOMD
    Thanks All for the replies.
    I was on this site several years ago, but lost all login info with changes in emails.
    CA is not my first choice at all. I do understand that "possession" when moving there is a better option. With no plans to drive there, I'll try to find shipping options with moving company.
    Or, can an FFL01 ship to an FFL01 in CA??

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Thanks All for the replies.
    I was on this site several years ago, but lost all login info with changes in emails.
    CA is not my first choice at all. I do understand that "possession" when moving there is a better option. With no plans to drive there, I'll try to find shipping options with moving company.
    Or, can an FFL01 ship to an FFL01 in CA??

When I moved from Maryland to Colorado the moving company had a policy that they would not move firearms, but my wife batted her eyes at the movers and they took them.

You can also ship them to a LGS where you are moving to. Call them first, let them know you are moving, and follow their instructions. You will probably have to include a copy of your MD drivers license with each firearm for verification when they are received, and you will have to use Fed Ex or UPS and follow all of their regulations for shipping firearms. Personally I would try the movers first because that will save you a lot of time, money, and hassle. When the movers show up at your house, ask them about it and tip them. You should be fine.

Luckily the Colorado state constitution bans gun registration, so the state has no idea what I brought with me from Maryland.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    My condolences.

Sell all of them so you can pay your California taxes.

Enjoy San Diego. One of my favorite cities, and if money grew on trees, a great place to retire to.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I guess if you need to live somewhere San Diego would be the best. A Mediterranean climate. Anza Borrego Desert in the winter and spring is stunning.stay out of the washes their comfy but could flood in an instant by rain from a long distance. The San Bernardino mountains offer skiing, camping and back backing ( I did a lot of that alone while there). SoCal offers geography that includes mountain ranges, hills, canyons, deserts and coastal plains plus the pacific. I lived there for years when you could actually buy any gun you wanted then the liberals screwed it up. I couldn't wait to get out of there and escaped in 97. I miss the state but not the people. If I had to go back I would make the best of it and there are plenty of places to do that.

Last edited:

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Cali transplant here.

Take them with you. Since you aren't driving, send the ammo with the movers and check the unloaded guns under the plane in a hard sided case. None of what you have strikes me as a red flag in CA (not sure about the Radeon, never heard of it).

You absolutely do not want to try to buy guns in CA. (Most handguns aren't on roster, and the ones that are have additions like loaded chamber indicators installed). Off roster handguns are legal for private party sale in CA and command a premium. (Should you want to sell your Sig at any point).

Do not try to contact the CA state police, there is no such thing.

Additionally, I just heard that CA stuck down the 10rd magazine restriction. (Assault rifles are still taboo tho)

Calguns is a great resource. Take a look at the flowcharts they have for CA legality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom