• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I don't think he's violating 922r or building an illegal SBR. He says in the article that he is using US made parts to stay under the limit. An AK barrel is above the 16" minimum.

Watch the video... in the box the barrel is complete. When he shows the improperly demilled rifle (which is still legally a rifle) it has the barrel cut, making this an SBR.

I don't see any evidence of him using any US made parts despite him stating that he did. He used all original furniture. The poly mag counts for 3 parts, a trigger group would be three parts. However, we don't see any evidence of him having purchased a US trigger group. Also look how well worn the hammer is... I doubt it's new. It could be legal, put a import mag into it and it's illegal. Additionally are we sure that's a US mag?

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I seem to recall a video that showed a build of an AR, or was it an AK, made from a melted down shovel...

mdflyer

Nov 19, 2015
    Along the lines of uneducated people who watch this stuff and then voice their opinions and cause us trouble, my co worker told me how my rifle can spay bullets at the poor deer while hunting and how no one needs such a device. I tried to explain to her about how they really work an offered to take her to a range to teach her how they really work, still not sure it would be a good idea.......remember the PTSD guy from shooting a AR..

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Hmmm.

I Built This AK-47. It’s Legal and Totally Untraceable.
    Forget 3-D-printed guns. At a “build party,” anyone can make a rifle no cop will ever know about.

Then I cut it in half! And it would still shoot!

Ok, maybe not...

It's all sensationalism or fake news anyway.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    But he had his safety googles on when he obliterated this evil weapon of mass destruction... so he has that going for him :D

Im guessing this sentence or something very close to it was said beforehand:

"Dad, can I barrow your wheel cutter thingy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom