• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    So these are LE trade in, Swiss made 551 and 552 parts kits. These are demilled, saw cut. Come with all the parts but the complete receiver, including the rear sight. These are extremely rare and typically pretty pricey. They have the 4 position lowers, safe, semi, 3rd burst, and full. ALL NFA RULES APPLY. I wont answer questions about machine gun conversions unless you're an 07/SOT.

Attachments

• IMG_2169.JPG
      IMG_2169.JPG
      25.1 KB · Views: 4,108
    • IMG_2179.JPG
      IMG_2179.JPG
      25 KB · Views: 5,610
    • IMG_2178.JPG
      IMG_2178.JPG
      57.1 KB · Views: 4,974
    • IMG_2177.JPG
      IMG_2177.JPG
      25.7 KB · Views: 3,686
    Last edited:

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    Andy,

Saw these on the case when I was in... I'm interested in the "kit" aspect of it, is this the kind of project I should be taking on? Or do I build/buy a Noveske AR?

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Andy,

Saw these on the case when I was in... I'm interested in the "kit" aspect of it, is this the kind of project I should be taking on? Or do I build/buy a Noveske AR?

Well it would be a serious project. Really you would be modifying an existing Sig 551 or 556 with these parts. One of the biggest aspects of these kits is that theyre full auto so its great for dealers looking to make samples. For the casual project, it might not be best and you would be better suited with a Noveske build. If you're huge into Sigs, especially the authentic stuff, then this would suit you, its just a serious project.

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    Andy, found my answer... As a newbie, gonna go with the Noveske in three weeks... Do some mild bolt on work...

Cheers,

Doc

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Those are sweet! They look like they are in great condition. There are a few sources for 922r parts. When it comes to this stuff it will not be a cheap project though. You are going to need a 556 receiver, nobody else makes one. If you check gunbroker sometimes you can catch someone selling a upper receiver only. Also, I believe the swiss barrels require work to fit the US receiver because of the thread pitch. Hell I might have to get one of these. One day I want to build a 550 clone but I love them all.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    So if you were going to complete one of these for a customer to get into full working order as a semi auto, what would a rough estimate cost?

I would guess close to $3500-4000. You need the kit $1500, donor 556 $850-1000, and the work. What you are willing to pay will depend on how much you like Swiss rifles. Keep in mind 100% Swiss 551 is going around $7-8K and the West Coast Armory 551 models (made from parts) which this would be close to is about $4k.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I saw how much the 100% swiss models were selling for, I was curious in how much machining and all of that would cost. These are very cool and I have been interested in them for a long time.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I saw how much the 100% swiss models were selling for, I was curious in how much machining and all of that would cost. These are very cool and I have been interested in them for a long time.

Kind of the same thing with the HK G36's, would love to have a conversion done on a SL8 and use the G36 Parts kit. I guess the short answer is, it will not be cheap. I already have a 551-A1, but I would still be interested in one of these. I may have to make $1500 magically appear from my butt and buy the kit. It's hard to find kits let alone ones like these that are complete with sights.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The 552 is freaking bad ass. Get the snow covers and re-enact the mountain scene from Inception...

*BWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Gotta move them quick. Only sold one on Gunbroker although I still have the 552 listed. The rest we sold to SOTs.

I thought about it, but the conversion to a semi lower stopped me. Oh well, at least the SOTs can return them to their full auto glory even if it is with a 556 receiver. Damn import bans! Why must they make it so hard for me to have a 550!

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I thought about it, but the conversion to a semi lower stopped me. Oh well, at least the SOTs can return them to their full auto glory even if it is with a 556 receiver. Damn import bans! Why must they make it so hard for me to have a 550!

Indeed. One guy actually has a CNC set up and it going to repair the receiver which I thought was pretty cool.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Those are cool too. I found a few sources for 550/551/552 work. One actually can take the trunnion form the Swiss parts kit and attach to the 556 receiver so you can use the dovetail for the rails and optic mounts that B&T offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom