• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Wife got a new glock with an REA serial number from authorized glock dealer. I thought the REA numbers were from approx 2010-12. Anyone know how to find out besides calling glock? Thanks.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I emailed them a similar question and they were pretty fast to respond.

Really? I’ve emailed them multiple times wanting to know my Glock’s date of birth and have never heard anything back but the last time a did it was when that thread about the Glock freebie’s was active and I did get the freebies but no info on my G17.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I just went back and rechecked.. I actually sent them an information request from their website about a year ago. They replied with the answer 2 days later. ;)

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I guess I’ll have to try again. I got my only Glock, a LEO trade in G17 from Lou back when he had a Black Friday sale and have always wanted to know it’s life story.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    This gun came from a stocking dealer who sells many glocks. The serial letters (REA) on one site indicated a 2010 build date. The gun was sold as new. Is there any reasonable possibility that a gun sold new was made in 2010? Its a Gen 3. Serial number on box matches the gun.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    This gun came from a stocking dealer who sells many glocks. The serial letters (REA) on one site indicated a 2010 build date. The gun was sold as new. Is there any reasonable possibility that a gun sold new was made in 2010? Its a Gen 3. Serial number on box matches the gun.

Maybe has something to do with 2010 being the intro year of the Gen4s and the dealer had a large stock of Gen3s and sales dropped off?

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Yes, that’s possible and fine with me. I didn’t want it to be a factory refurbished gun sent to the dealer and sold as new. .357 sig may not be popular, but still, 6-8 yrs. sounds like a story versus sitting in stock for so long.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Holy cow. Glock responded to my build date question within 12hours ( submitted last night, response this am). The gun was built in 3/11 so it is 7 years old. It was clearly sold as new...the store would have to have had to say the gun was refurbished, meaning used. I raised the concern with glock asking for clarrification. They immediatly wrote back and said regardless of refurb or old new its the same warranty. Were good til that poitnand i politely pointed out you can not sell used goods as new under consumer protection statutes and i asked them to verify the status of this gun. Any problem if ONS is a warranty issue, i agree. If a refurb without disclsoure, we are in another universe. Let’s get the facts.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    If it's refurbished, check the label on the box. Glock also apparently stamps a number inside the dust cover (7 or 8?).

Besides the serial number, what makes you think it's used? Any wear marks?

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    If it's refurbished, check the label on the box. Glock also apparently stamps a number inside the dust cover (7 or 8?).

Besides the serial number, what makes you think it's used? Any wear marks?[/QUOTE
    There have been 3 communications this morning. Very prompt. Very responsive. In the last i was told it was not reburbished and was sold new in 2011to a distributor...they do not sell to ffls. I had no reason to believe it was refurbished. I had read some ofnthe older models had problems, around this serial no, and when i learned it was made 7 years ago, my mind wandered. Still, a 7 year old, NOS glock seems not usual, but maybe a 33 is not popular. Nothing on the box, nothing on the gun. No unusual wear, but no glock brown/gold grease as i have seen on other new glocks. Neither wife nor i can get to this gun for a bit, but i do have 12 boxes of 357 on their way from someplace and we will wring it out in due course. I have this 22 year old 27, and its so nice and broken in....

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    So it's new old stock? Some suppliers are sitting on new old stock. If the gun was rebuilt by Glock, your problem is with the dealer not Glock. That being said, if a dealer doesn't rotate the stock you get what's on top.

Go here an sign up or read:
    https://www.glocktalk.com/forum/
    Then if you want to save money an have fun join GSSF (blue label prices an win guns):
    http://gssfonline.com/registration.cfm
    DE has match in March.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    So it's new old stock? Some suppliers are sitting on new old stock. If the gun was rebuilt by Glock, your problem is with the dealer not Glock. That being said, if a dealer doesn't rotate the stock you get what's on top.

Go here an sign up or read:
    https://www.glocktalk.com/forum/
    Then if you want to save money an have fun join GSSF (blue label prices an win guns):
    http://gssfonline.com/registration.cfm
    DE has match in March.

Repeating, glock writes its not a rebuild. However, if it was a rebuild from a return or a demo, glock has an obligation tomso mark it so it does not get passed on to unsuspecting buyers from a distributor. Why should the dealer be required to figure it out?
    This was a blue label program gun. I went back to look on the seller’s web site and there is no notice that blue label guns could be reubuilt.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County

Besides the serial number, what makes you think it's used? Any wear marks?[/QUOTE
    There have been 3 communications this morning. Very prompt. Very responsive. In the last i was told it was not reburbished and was sold new in 2011to a distributor...they do not sell to ffls. I had no reason to believe it was refurbished. I had read some ofnthe older models had problems, around this serial no, and when i learned it was made 7 years ago, my mind wandered. Still, a 7 year old, NOS glock seems not usual, but maybe a 33 is not popular. Nothing on the box, nothing on the gun. No unusual wear, but no glock brown/gold grease as i have seen on other new glocks. Neither wife nor i can get to this gun for a bit, but i do have 12 boxes of 357 on their way from someplace and we will wring it out in due course. I have this 22 year old 27, and its so nice and broken in....

My latest Glock20SF purchased in Nov. 2017 had what looked like copper antisieze inside but my Glock22 purchased in 2003 didn't. Hope that makes you feel better about you're purchase. In any case if there is no visible wear on any internal components I don't see a problem. As you said 357sig isn't the most popular chambering. Not that it's bad. I have an extra 357sig barrel for my G22 as I'm sure lots of others do too. Hope you enjoy it.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Repeating, glock writes its not a rebuild. However, if it was a rebuild from a return or a demo, glock has an obligation tomso mark it so it does not get passed on to unsuspecting buyers from a distributor. Why should the dealer be required to figure it out?
    This was a blue label program gun. I went back to look on the seller’s web site and there is no notice that blue label guns could be reubuilt.

I wrote "if". Glock marks the box if a rebuild. As now you wrote it's a "Blue Label" that explains why it's 7 yo. Glock runs a number X of Blue Labels an doesn't pull them to sell to the public. If you go to the forums I posted you'll read that from Glock employees an other things.

An a rebuild sold as new would still fall on the FFL. They are the one having you fill out the 4473 an putting the firearm in their bond book as new or used.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I looked at the inks you posted snd would appreciatenit if you could help me find the reference to this subject. I loked. I think you will agree that if glock sells a refurbished gun as new, the onus is on glock, not the distributor or dealer. Likewise, if glock marks it as refurbed, and so sells it, the distributor wnd desler who are aware need to tell the buyer. Sell it for what it is. I wm still back to,the wuestiin, after hearing frommglockmthis did not leave thenfactory refurbished, is it normal or has anyone hewrd of a glock going unsold for 7 years from thr build date.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Over the years my wife has bought 3 blue labels from the same ffl. I dont remember any blue labels on any of them. Someone mentioned that the blue labels have a blue label wrapping the grip, the way a sig cpo has a red handle wrapper. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom