• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I would def buy one like the VA plates. The past couple of months I've been seeing them popping up more and more in Loudoun County (I'm over there most weekends).

Minuteman - Oath Keeper

Guardian of the Republic
    Jan 28, 2013
    Khandahar, Afghanistan
    Http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=2173683#post2173683

As indicated this may have merit.

Any thoughts?

If you think its stupid say as much. It just an idea...

Although the “Gadsden” flag is widely known and quite appealing, it is associated with many events and organizations that could cloud the viewer’s perception of what it is you are trying to support. For the close-minded it will represent the “Tea Party” and the anti’s would love to show their love for you and your car.

What about creating a license plate with an image that may be lesser known with the same historical context as the Gadsden flag? Such as:

1. The Bedford Flag:

The Bedford Flag may be the oldest complete flag known to exist in the United States. Its description matches one made for a cavalry troop of the Massachusetts Bay Militia in the French and Indian Wars. Legend claims it is the flag carried by Bedford Minuteman, Nathaniel Page, to the Concord Bridge on April 19, 1775, at the beginning of the American Revolution. There is, however, no real proof, either from testimonials or diaries that mention any flag flown that day by either side, except one by a British officer (Lt. Barker), who reported that British grenadiers chopped down and destroyed a flag and liberty pole standing on a hill near Concord Center. However, he reports that this was done hours before the Bedford's militiamen arrived at Concord.
    The Latin inscription "Vince Aut Morire" means "conquer or die." The arm emerging from the clouds represents the arm of God.

2. The Sons of Liberty Flag:

The history of the Stamp Act flag began in about 1765, when protests of the duties and taxes and stamps required by Parliament began in the colonies. After a protest of the Stamp Act was held under an Elm tree in Boston, the tree became known as the "Liberty Tree," and a protest group known as the Sons of Liberty was formed. The Sons of Liberty continued to meet under this tree, so the British cut the tree down, and the Sons replaced it with a Liberty pole. A flag of nine red and white vertical stripes known as the "Rebellious Stripes" was flown from this pole. The actual date of this flag is speculative.

3. Culpeper Minutemen Flag:

This flag represented a group of minutemen from Culpeper, Virginia. These men formed part of Colonel Patrick Henry's First Virginia Regiment of 1775. Three hundred Culpeper Minutemen led by Colonel Stevens marched toward Williamsburg at the beginning of the fighting. Their unusual dress alarmed the people as they marched through the country. They had bucks' tails in their hats and tomahawks and scalping knives hung from their belts. Their flag’s central symbol was a coiled rattlesnake about to strike, and below it the words "DON'T TREAD ON ME." At each side were the words of Patrick Henry "LIBERTY OR DEATH!"

Last edited:

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    MDS, AGC, NRA, et al, are all fine ideas, but at this time the Gadsden flag speaks loudly and boldly about the position we need to take regarding 2A.

I am definitely in for two vehicles, a trailer, and two motorcycles if we can make it fly.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I am 100000000 times in for the MD version of the Gadsden flag! I have two cars and a bike that I will gladly spend the money in order to get that plate! I have wished this in the past the first time I saw one in Virginia. While the other groups listed are appealing, this NEEDS to be the Gadsden flag!

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I love the look of a Gadsden plate, but the idea of contacting the State to apply, grovel, and pay more for a license plate that says leave me alone seems a little backwards.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    ill re-post my plate pic - I love it!

Attachments

• 2013-01-18 17.24.02.jpg
      2013-01-18 17.24.02.jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 179

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I can't see this being denied unless Maryland wants to trash the 1st amendement as well. Yeah I wouldn't put it past them, but they would get crushed in court. This isn't anywhere near as controversial as the SCV tags.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    We have one shot at doing this, so let's make sure we do it RIGHT.

Not just letters or a little logo. This plate needs to be bold and noticeable, like the Virgina tag. Even if they are $100 a piece, they would be well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom