• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I don't care for the discrepancy of the last part, I know it gets called differently depending on the RSO. I would rather they said "off the pad" every time. Not crazy about people roaming around on the pad even if they are behind the white line.

If it is raining {not thundering or lightning}, the SRSO's have the option of letting the members and guests stay on the concrete firing pad/with overhead canopy during a ceasefire; but preferably behind the white line.

But the rule is: A member's guest cannot be on the concrete firing pad if said member is not present.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I was at the range yesterday...side arm nazi was not working. Trip was pleasant.

I paid very close attention to the cease fires. Not once did the Range officers actively check the line during a cease fire (over 3.5 hours of shooting). They checked to see if members were off the pad but did not check rifles. They just assumed if you were off the line your firearm was safe. At one point the club match had a hot muzzleloader and had the hardest time getting the RO's to acknowledge it.

Not their best day....

The old RO's used to walk the line every time. Check every station. Ask members to correct problems (politely I might add) and members would comply with no conflict. I'm not sure what happened to all of them but if they are still around perhaps they can help train the new guys......

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    He never appeared to me to be a side arm Nazi. Just safety conscience.
    btw I haven't seen him work weekends but I promptly de-ass the range at 10:30am.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I don't care if an RO is armed or not, I have been to ranges where armed RO's are a very good thing.

I wasn't pleased with him resting his hand on it before he went to talk to any member. If your opening to any conversation is to put your hand on your pistol and then start yelling you really need a snickers.

It's the same BS attitude that made me vow never to go anywhere near cresap.

SlowShooter

SeaWaves not TigerStripes
    Dec 28, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    It is sad, regrettable, and embarrassing that this thread's objective as posted at the beginning has been lost. I did not mean to criticize anyone when the emotions run high. I apology to all who might feel offended. I will bring this thread down as soon as I find the way.

Jul 1, 2012
    I don't think you can delete the thread yourself, you'll have to request that mods delete it.
    But there's nothing here that seems "remove-worthy", there's some good info I think.

... and it's definitely not your fault erno got banned :)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This thread is definitely worth keeping!

And...I'll just leave this here:

smle magout.jpg

:innocent0

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    This is what I've been "getting away with" for years. It only proves one chamber is empty, but it locks the gun up so that it cannot be cocked. It has been looked at by many an RSO, especially when this gun is there with her shiny silver sister (she gets a lot of looks):innocent0.

View attachment 210501

Admittedly, it has all the Ruger safety features that a true Colt would not. I'm sure if enough people push this issue, they can argue their way into making us remove cylinders.:rolleyes:

(another case for just casing)

Your ECI implementation on a single-action revolver is the AGC-approved method. Open the loading gate, rotate the cylinder to obtain access to a clear chamber and insert the ECI. All other chambers must be clear of ammunition or spent casings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom