• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I saw 1 of these at Fredericksburg gun show with a colapsible brace. Really liked the look and feel of it. Reminded me of a modern version of the mp5k . The price wasn't for the faint of heart ! Lol. But was a very nice piece! ! Anyone else had the opportunity to fondle or shoot 1 ?

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    I have not held a K model but I have Gen1 folding brace version. I haven't had any problems with it and it's fun to shoot. If you can find one, I'd suggest a Gen1 b/c the mags are dirt cheap right now and the gun comes with iron sights and a bungee sling. Some people have had luck with Gen1 mags in a Gen2 MPX but they seem to be the minority. Gen2 mags aren't cheap. 30 round Gen1 mags can be found for about $20, while Gen2 are typically $60.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The general 2 gun should accept the gen 1 mags from what I remember. But I have a friend who owns several of both gen 1 and 2 guns I could ask. I have the regular pistol and the carbine. Thought it would be great to get the K.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I have the Gen2 MPX-P with the collapsible brace and think it's great. I had some issues with stove piping etc, but Sig took care of it by replacing my entire upper. Since getting the upper replaced I purchased a 4" barrel and technically made it into the K variant. It is very accurate and works well suppressed. I have purchased some Gen1 mags, but so far have not had a chance to use them. I would suggest you get the Gen2 as it is the updated version. Yes the mags are not cheap, but if you are willing to spend so much on the gun itself, the mag cost can be swallowed too. The Gen2 mags are better, but as other have said - the Gen1 mags should work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom