Police Raid by Parkville Middle this morning?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I haven't spoken to her, but my wife just posted this to her Facebook page:

Ok, so I pulled away from dropping my kids off at Parkville Middle School and there are about 15 under cover police officers with shields about to "surprise" someone in a house one block away. Poor timing officers. Too many kids walking right by on the way to school!!! WTH? Btw, guns were drawn ready for action.

A bunch of her friends with kids in the school are LIVID about it. Any idea what's going on?

Edit: I found a few more comments. A friend of hers said:

pct 8 was very vague.... claims the raid happened earlier & PMS was aware..... i call bs. i also called the news

and my wife replied:

They weren't running which tells me they this was preplanned. They were approaching ninja-like going through other people's yard. They parked at the corner of Avondale and Willoughby. 7:52 they were just getting out of vehicles.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I'd guess a narrow window within which to nab someone.

I wouldn't expect them to wait until 4PM for a dangerous flight risk, if they know they have him now.

This was my comment:

I hope all the officers are safe. If it's a bad, dangerous guy they have been tracking and finally located, they have to move on that immediately or he will get away.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Hmm. Sounds interesting. I would hope they wouldn't blatantly do this during the time kids are filing into school unless absolutely necessary. Hopefully some more details come out.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    On the other hand, what better way to familiarize children with the reality that they're living in a nation where this is a common, everyday thing?

It sends the message at an early age, that state-backed paramilitary operations can and do occur frequently, acclimatizes them to it, and should help put them at ease, whenever they see these kinds of actions in the future.

By the time they're adults, the sight of paramilitary teams bristling with weapons entering homes and removing the occupants, will seem as natural as the sight of a fire truck responding to an accident, and should cause no undue alarm.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    On the other hand, what better way to familiarize children with the reality that they're living in a nation where this is a common, everyday thing?

It sends the message at an early age, that state-backed paramilitary operations can and do occur frequently, acclimatizes them to it, and should help put them at ease, whenever they see these kinds of actions in the future.

By the time they're adults, the sight of paramilitary teams bristling with weapons entering homes and removing the occupants, will seem as natural as the sight of a fire truck responding to an accident, and should cause no undue alarm.

I thought of that as well. More prepping the children for teh rising police state.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I'm sure if they thought the situation was volatile enough to endanger students they would've taken additional precautions and set up a perimeter. No need to freak out.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    More than likely it was one of Mooshells "Knuckleheads" who refused to sign up for O-Care.

emnsb

Oct 15, 2013

It's funny, I was just telling my friend how depressing it is to know that my kids are going to grow up in a post 9/11 world, where TSA, DUI/road rage checkpoints, no-knock raids and SWAT overusage are the norm.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It's funny, I was just telling my friend how depressing it is to know that my kids are going to grow up in a post 9/11 world, where TSA, DUI/road rage checkpoints, no-knock raids and SWAT overusage are the norm.

...and government monitoring/recording of all our social interactions and communications.

But don't worry - it's for the children.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The tinfoil I use usually covers beagle food cans. Fact of the matter is I believe Half-cocked is correct - in part. After all, the liberal agenda has always been to acclimate and subordinate subjects. What better opportunity than to "show" them at a young age so they can become acclimated and "fear not"?

What strikes me is, if the slogan is "It's about the children", then where in H is the outcry about potential danger and harm to the children heading to school (to be fed more pap)?

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I'm sure if they thought the situation was volatile enough to endanger students they would've taken additional precautions and set up a perimeter. No need to freak out.

That's hilarious. :)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Let's see, shield, automatic weapons, body armor, lots of guys. Yeah, they probably thought it was going to be a routine arrest but the SWAT guys needed some overtime for the holiday credit card bills.

I'm even trying to rationalize "The guy might have been a flight risk and could have gotten away". Is there no way to watch the house? If it wasn't a volatile situation, just plant a helicopter overhead until the kids are done getting into school, unless of course the person was actually dangerous and the helicopter would have eliminated the element of surprise and made it that much worse.

Yeah, I would need A LOT more details if something like this went down by my kids' school while the kids were coming to or from school.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Everyone is a self proclaimed expert at police work on this site. Chances are if their going in like that during the day it may be serious. And no, there is not always a press release. But a good conspiracy theory can't go to waste on here,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom