• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Meh, I'm....an......idiot!

Yikes, it was $55 back when this insult to 2A started in 2013.

Best ballpark guess I have is that, currently, the HQL Limbo Contest is extorting 2000 Marylanders per month.

Pricey, but I will give then credit for having very nice and efficient staff. Lady who handled my prints took care of me before they officially opened for the day. Took all of 5 minutes and she even agreed the process was silly. :thumbsup:

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    OK, ive come upon a deal i cant pass up..Soooo... Who/where is the cheapest place to get the finger printing done near Severn md???

Also im having trouble with the MSP sites login, i have the correct user name and password but it doesnt work, however they tell me they got right in using that name and password:rolleyes:

What browser are you using? Try IE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    The important thing to note is that there are people with passionate beliefs on both sides of this argument and that neither is right or wrong.

I think the best thing to do is respect that person's decision. Coming here and pointing your finger at those you disagree with telling them they are wrong is really the only wrong decision here.

Personally, I have mine, but I 100% understand those who have chosen not to get it.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    What browser are you using? Try IE.

Ive tried them all. Ive had my son try from his Pc. and Two of my buddies from their pc's. One of them has logged into his own acct, but gets the same error message as me when tring mine. The MSP was nice enough to give me a phone number to call.. shame That doesnt work either. :rolleyes:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Livescan in Glen Burnie is $75, btw.

Does that 75.00 include the 50 for the online app?

I see worth a shot is 54.50 for their fee and 50.00 online for MSP.

Also after talking with a lady oline a the HQL section. We were able to find a work around for me to log in. For what ever reason. If I try to type in my user name and password it does not work, BUT it I hit create acct and look up my acct. then highlight and copy my user name and paste that into the user name section, then type my password, it works.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Does that 75.00 include the 50 for the online app?

I see worth a shot is 54.50 for their fee and 50.00 online for MSP.

You will have 2 fees that need to be paid. One is the Live Scan fee, this is paid to the company that does the Live Scan. Then you will pay the MSP $50 for a fee to apply for your HQL. So the total charge will be $50 (MSP) + $?? for your Live Scan fingerprinting. Most will charge $65 +- for your Live Scan, so the total will be somewhere around $115.

I'm actually thinking about getting my HQL. I don't see things changing any time soon, so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet, as they say...

Jim Smith

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Yeah, unfortunately it's $50 to the MSP for the card itself and whatever you pay for fingerprinting on top of that. Since Livescan was $75, I paid $125 so that I could buy a handgun again...

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    You will have 2 fees that need to be paid. One is the Live Scan fee, this is paid to the company that does the Live Scan. Then you will pay the MSP $50 for a fee to apply for your HQL. So the total charge will be $50 (MSP) + $?? for your Live Scan fingerprinting. Most will charge $65 +- for your Live Scan, so the total will be somewhere around $115.

I'm actually thinking about getting my HQL. I don't see things changing any time soon, so I guess I'll have to bite the bullet, as they say...

Jim Smith

you're gonna regret it ;)

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thanks for the info guys.
    Since my deal is now sealed, I'll let you in on why I decided to get it. There was a guy who had a Desert eagle .50, he bought it last year and he doesn't like it cause it hurts him when he shoots it. We know these are about 1400.00 new. Any way, I traded him a used mini 14 I bought for 525.00+ 100.00 cash for it. It's sitting at my dealer waiting for me once I get my HQL.

Z Lady

Oct 13, 2014
    Finally, received my HQL. After making a second trip to redo live scan finger prints upon receiving a letter from the Dept Of Public Saftey advising digital prints were "low quality" and requesting I have them redo the prints within 60 days or the State would require another Application fee of $50.00. Luckily, I only paid the $54.00 fee once for fingerprints. In this State nothing gets accompolished right the first time around.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Congrats. When I got mine done at the sheriff's office, the lady doing prints that day had never done digital prints before. I was first. Took her three or four tries and a deputy had to help but I thankfully didn't have to go back. At least the three of us had a few good laughs over it while it was happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom