• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    After purchase, I don't think that one has to register their carbine with Hi-Point, since the company has a lifetime warranty for any owner. Is this true? I don't see a place for registration on their website.

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    ive had my Hi-Point since 1997.. my round count is well over 2000 .. Just this year me & my kids shot a lil over 500rds of the cheap stuff... I cant ever remember a jam or mis-fire...

Attachments

• IMAG0195.jpg
      IMAG0195.jpg
      106.9 KB · Views: 278

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    I heard about a guy who fired a Hi Point, which blew up. The shrapnel killed his whole family, the bullet ricocheted and killed his dog, and then sparks from the ricochet burned his house down, and then the shell casing landed on a voting machine and registered a vote for the political party he disagreed with. Yep, true story.

tiersmoke92555

Prince George's County Freedom Fighter
    Jun 28, 2012
    Capitol Heights
    Good morning shooters,
    Its been a while from my last login but if you have read all of my post i had to put the HI-POINT experiment on hold for my mother-in-law. I'm BACK and happy to report that after all the visits to the infusion center at Providence hospital, doctor visits, and nights consoling the family my mother-in-law has a clean bill of health.

I think we all know what i will be getting for Christmas.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I asked a couple of messages ago, but does Hi-Point have registration for their firearms? I didn't see it on their website.

I asked a while ago on the Hi Point Forums, and as far as I know, since the gun carries the warranty, not the original owner, there is no need to register it with Hi Point.

As a side note, even though I am looking to buy a CZ75 and 1911 eventually, I have no plans on selling the HiPoints unless strapped for cash. These things are cheap fun. I have to say, my HiPoint .45 held its own against my brother's Springfield Armory 1911, and cost about 1/4, and is warranted for life. Oddly, the .45 shoots very mildly. The recoil isn't unpleasant, it's more addictive. I would gladly offer my HP up for a torture test if someone bought the ammo, as I can't afford all that.

tiersmoke92555

Jun 28, 2012
    Capitol Heights
    I asked a while ago on the Hi Point Forums, and as far as I know, since the gun carries the warranty, not the original owner, there is no need to register it with Hi Point.

As a side note, even though I am looking to buy a CZ75 and 1911 eventually, I have no plans on selling the HiPoints unless strapped for cash. These things are cheap fun. I have to say, my HiPoint .45 held its own against my brother's Springfield Armory 1911, and cost about 1/4, and is warranted for life. Oddly, the .45 shoots very mildly. The recoil isn't unpleasant, it's more addictive. I would gladly offer my HP up for a torture test if someone bought the ammo, as I can't afford all that.

As long as the serial number is legible just send it in and they take care of the rest. That's from the mouth of a rep at a show I found on YouTube with a very cute young gun enthusiast. The video is only a few months one from todays date.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Where's the best place to buy good magazines for Hi-Points, particularly the 9mm & .40S&W.
    Thanks!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    As far as I know send them a check and they send you mags.

Okay, you're saying that only Hi-Point sells magazines for their carbines. The only other that I've heard of is Promag making 15 rounders for the Hi-Point. As to Promag's quality, I don't have a clue. Appreciate others chimming in on their magazine knowledge.
    Thanks!

I heard about a guy who fired a Hi Point, which blew up. The shrapnel killed his whole family, the bullet ricocheted and killed his dog, and then sparks from the ricochet burned his house down, and then the shell casing landed on a voting machine and registered a vote for the political party he disagreed with. Yep, true story.

That was officially hilarious!:lol2:

You don't see Hi-Points very often...I was in a pawn shop in Louisville where they had a whole Hi-Point display. It was a little disconcerting... but different from the usual Glock - Sig - Springfield XD everywhere displays.

tiersmoke92555

Jun 28, 2012
    Capitol Heights
    Okay, you're saying that only Hi-Point sells magazines for their carbines. The only other that I've heard of is Promag making 15 rounders for the Hi-Point. As to Promag's quality, I don't have a clue. Appreciate others chimming in on their magazine knowledge.
    Thanks!

No, just that they are the easiest ones to get and just skim the net for the type you want. I don't think there are going to bh a lot af aftermarket items, kind of goses to the KIA of the gun world thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom