• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was not sure where to start this thread so I thought that I could get the best info from our Industry Partners. I am interested in a shotgun that a private owner has up in Cecil Co. I have never puchased a firearm from anywhere other then a gun shop and would like to ask if there is anything I need to know or do to complete this trasaction. I am in AA County so I was hoping to meet up with him somewhere in the middle, but I am a bit hesitant to do this in a parking lot somewhere. Any advice is appreciated.

It is not a regulated weapon(Rem 870 12ga. Deer Gun).

Lawman1800

Jul 29, 2012
    For private sale of shotguns I don't believe there is anything you have to worry about. I wouldnt wave the gun around in a parking lot somewhere like you said or your going to scare sheepeople.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    How about a gunshop parking lot? Or!! You can shoot shotguns at Freestate gun range in white marsh. Only slugs though. Rent a lane, shoot a few slugs, buy the gun.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    As a general rule, I'd say it's at a minimum polite to ask a dealer before you transact business in his parking lot.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I sold a shotgun last year in Freestate's parking lot. It's public place with people around that won't freak out seeing a gun.

Apr 15, 2011
    MoCo
    Freestate does seem like a good idea.
    I'm not sure I would purchase a gun from a private citizen without atleast firing a few rounds.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    As a general rule, I'd say it's at a minimum polite to ask a dealer before you transact business in his parking lot.
    I understand what you are saying, but the main reason I liked this idea was so I could actually go inside the range and shoot the gun. I don't think Freestate would care that he brings the gun and I leave with it. This has probably happened more times than anyone could count.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I understand what you are saying, but the main reason I liked this idea was so I could actually go inside the range and shoot the gun. I don't think Freestate would care that he brings the gun and I leave with it. This has probably happened more times than anyone could count.

Just ask him. He's a member and IP here.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

I think I missed thepart that you intended to shoot it the same day. Yes, under that circumstance I would wholly agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom