• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I believe the following changes were made to the new version;

1. The document revision# on the bottom left of each page has been updated and now accurately reflects the last change date.

2. The field "Livescan Receipt Number” has been changed to the more descriptive “Livescan PCN#”

3. Asterisks and a legend have been added to designate required fields. (This change still fails to meet disclosure requirements of Federal Privacy Act of 1974).

4.Country field changed from drop-down to text box to eliminate need for regular updating.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Well after having my application returned because they received my app after Jan 1 and would not honor the mailing date of 12/29. I notice differences of:
    1. No longer required to have app notarized
    2. Went from 3 to 4 references.
    3. Added PCN# of finger prints to app (as previously noted)
    4. Many of the business credentials are not required, such as, articles of incorporation, minutes of corporate meeting.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Well after having my application returned because they received my app after Jan 1 and would not honor the mailing date of 12/29. I notice differences of:
    4. Many of the business credentials are not required, such as, articles of incorporation, minutes of corporate meeting.

They haven't required a notary for at least a half decade.

Can you expand on why your app or renewal was returned? What was your renewal date, when did they receive your app, and if applicable, what date was your fingerprinting and/or training?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Only requires three.

So on renewal, they want references again? I hate that part the most.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    MSP revises W&C permit application

I am not aware of the MSP ever contacting any references on a renewal application.

Im not sure references have any affect on public safety. I believe only a very few states, including NJ, even require references.

I know a few anecdotes exist where a reference contradicts an applicants statement or otherwise contributes to a permit denial, but I'm not convinced a thorough background check wouldn't lead to a denial anyway.

1960's era Alabama voter registration applications required references, 5 years of residence info, as well as education and employer information.

http://www.crmvet.org/info/litapp.pdf

Make your own inferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    let me see if I can clear this up a little. I followed the link from the "how to apply for W&C" sticky for the app, this may have been the problem but I dont know? Prints and app where submitted at the same time. (with in 3 days of prints taken) The form app I submitted was no longer being accepted by MSP there for it was returned with instructions to file the correct application form. The differences in the forms where as I noted above.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    So you used an outdated form from a private website, instead of the latest application from the Maryland State Police, and the MSP rejected it?

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    So you used an outdated form from a private website, instead of the latest application from the Maryland State Police, and the MSP rejected it?

No, it was a link in the sticky thread to MSP web page with "a" form that was out dated.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP has a history of not removing outdated forms from their web site. even though in many cases old links are removed, the documents are not. Occasionally an event like the one described occurs when an old link to the old document remains.

a prime example is the link to the expired W&C application. it wasn't hard to find.

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    didn't know fingerprints changed, maybe I'll ask the good officers in the back of tomorrows mtg if I get in. thanks for the reply,
    sounds like they don't know how to link different databases

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the explanation given to me is non criminal fingerprints are not retained at the MD CJIS past 30 days

no idea if that's the case or not.

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    you really don't believe that, do you ? the State of MD not retaining every piece of personal identification of it's serfs ? remember o'malley's statement "we now where every gun owner resides."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom