• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Actually he doesnt and for all we know he could have told trump good luck but understand whats going on im my state. Either way he voted for his dad and did not vote against him, and for those libs in the state he doesnt look like a bad guy for supporting Trump.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your right he's not an idiot. He's a gutless turd. Standing by and not showing support is the Pu$$y way out.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    At your service

If the LD at MSP can't accept ISIS, ISIL, IS, #BLM, SJW's, BTK, AQ, AQI, AQAP, AS, DNC, PLO, DRWTG's, and many others as G&S, even after receiving bulletins and BOLO's from DHS, FBI, NSA, CIA, and DIA then WTF will qualify as G&S?
    Lol, you win.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Oh God, not this secret meeting s--- again.
    Giving new meaning to SSS - secret squirrel squad...

I'm still neutral with Hogan. He hasn't vetoed any anti-2A, but he hasn't moved towards pro-2A either. Its like he isn't even there, like the gov's mansion is JosephIV house...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    May be asking the impossible in Maryland, but is there any prospective Democratic gubernatorial candidate that isn't antigun and can be engaged on the discriminatory and arbitrary nature of the G&S standard? It would be ironic if they were more receptive than Hogan. Right now Hogan doesn't have to compete for your vote. He either gets it, or you don't vote for either him or the Democrat.

Obviously, if Hogan could be "primaried" in MD, one could put up a more progun Republican candidate. The problem is that Hogan would probably win the primary as the incumbent, and it might push him more to the left on gun control. Thus, it's at the general where pressure (or a threat of an alternative) would compel him consider fixing the G&S standard before the election.

By the same reasoning, given the unusually wide demographics that support Hogan, a third party candidate that was more conservative might have a chance to win a plurality in a general election, while Hogan splits the vote with a Democrat. I don't know if MD rules permit the plurality winner to take office.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The point is not that Hogan would be a Centrist anywhere outside of Md, Ca, NY, NJ, nor that his 2A support is lukewarm at best.

He is the most conservative possible Governor to actually hold office in this state, and any Dem alternative to him would have been non-stop screwing us ( gun owners).

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    governors_2lQQj04.png

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While I was simultaneously typing ---

There are actually a handful of progun Dem politicians in Md, but they could take a drive in the same car, and have seats left over if its a full size car. And none of them have much pull within their party, and extremely long odds for them to run for Gov. ( Some of them are good people who could serve the state well, but in today's Dem party, not happening.)

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    You are right lets bring back brown.

I bet he (Brown) supported the candidate from his party and didn't hide the fact. I bet he even voted for her and not his dad. I don't like him or his politics but I bet he did the right thing for his party. Its not always popular to man up but it's got to be done. No "I" in team. It looks dumb to be a republican governor and not support the team that you play for. When your team wins and you didn't help or support them you can't really expect a lot of support from them in the future. It would have been better to say " I'm a republican and I support the party" then to say, " I voted for my dad".

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Coming out and saying he will support Trump does nothing but Damn him in this state. It would be ignorant to do so.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Im voting for Hogan in 2018.*

*I'm writing in Senior, just like Junior did. /sarcasm

The meme almost writes itself. He should have kept his fool mouth shut. now he's pissed off 2 overlapping R voting blocks.

It's not my fault that Larry is doing everything he can to turn off his base.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Tell me what would be the difference besides the scraps Hogan has thrown us? NOTHING

There's NOTHING he can do. Because he's Governor Hogan. He's not King Hogan. He can't write shall issue executive orders.

The MGA dictates gun and carry policy in Maryland. Turn the MGA from Blue to Red and then we can blame Gov. Hogan.

The man is powerless. He's so powerless that the MGA has the power to override his veto power.

I understand people wanting what they want. I want every dog within five miles of me to STFU and stop barking incessantly. I want dog owners and the government to understand that deep, loud, repetitious barking is noise pollution. But it's never going to happen.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    My guess is IF national reciprocity comes along, MD will still not allow MD residents to carry without G&S regardless of what other state permits they hold, while allowing out of state residents with permits to carry in MD.

IF NR comes along, what happens with those from states with Constitutional carry? Are they forced to get out of state permits like UT to carry across state lines (like they are now).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    All the national reciprocity bills I've seen introduced require a permit. I think to carry outside your state, you'd need to get a permit.

just my guess.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Getting back to OP's main point, I had wondered about this too. If Maryland citizens are reduced to even further second class standing because ANY out of state resident could carry here, wouldn't that be a good situation to take to the courts? How could we be denied a right in our own state that out of state residents have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom