• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I had just left another gunsmith on the east side having been hit with sticker shock at looking at $100+ to remove 4 base screws and told it would take a month or three. Called Scott's and was told to bring it over and they would look at it and possibly be able to fix it quick while I waited. Had a great conversation with the guy at the counter while they applied a little heat and banged out my stripped head base screws. Fifteen minutes and shop minimum later and I was a happy camper.

It's service like that that will have me driving to Scott's for any service I need from now on.

Thanks again.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Similar thing happened to me. I bought a used pistol and the slide release spring broke. I brought it in and they fixed it no charge. Unfortunately there was a mixup at the front counter. I was told it'd take a week. I called back after a week and they couldn't verify if it was done. Another week and It was ready to pick up but I found out that it had actually been fixed only two days after I dropped it off. No biggie, but goes to show Scott is fast and takes care of his customers.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I just took my 870 there and had a little work done to it. Less than 24 hours later and I was picking it up.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Unbelievable, no 6 month wait?

Not sure of you are being difficult with your comment, since you put no smiley face.

None of this was MAJOR work. Scott has done a small, quick job or two for me over the years. It's what they do. And most likely, the total of these fast customer service things don't take a crap ton of time away from the major stuff.Truth be told paperwork is probably a big time consuming thing there.

What Scott would does for others "real quick", would be extended for you as well. It all comes around.

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Not sure of you are being difficult with your comment, since you put no smiley face.

None of this was MAJOR work. Scott has done a small, quick job or two for me over the years. It's what they do. And most likely, the total of these fast customer service things don't take a crap ton of time away from the major stuff.Truth be told paperwork is probably a big time consuming thing there.

What Scott would does for others "real quick", would be extended for you as well. It all comes around.

You got that right. Before coming to work here a few months back, I knew paperwork took some time, but had NO idea just how much time.

You're correct we will sometimes turn around small quick jobs pretty quickly. To some extent, it depends on how 'cut and dried' Scott expects the work to be.

Beau aka sxs

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom