• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPQM

May 21, 2014
    From ARFCOM:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-Bump-Stock-Memo-as-seen-on-KSTP-/5-2175998/

BUMP-STOCK-MEMO.jpg

Transcribed:

UNCLASSIFIED // LAW ENFORCEMENT SENSITIVE

November 28, 2018
    701100:MSM 3250

MEMORANDUM TO: All Special Agents in Charge

SUBJECT: Bump Stock Type Device Abandonment Process

As a result of the recent rule in the Federal Register classifying bump-stock-type devices as machineguns, these devices now fall within the purview of the National Firearms Act (NFA) and are subject to the Gun Control Act restriction identified in 18 U.S.C. § 922(o). Individuals who possess bump-stock-type devices are encouraged to either destroy the devices themselves or abandon them to their local ATF office, prior to the effective date of the rule (90 days from date of publication in the Federal Register). Because these bump-stock-type devices were not lawfully possessed or registered prior to the effective date of the "post-1986" machinegun statute, the devices cannot be possessed or registered.

Options for destroying the devices include melting, crushing, or shredding in a manner that renders the device incapable of ready restoration. Other destruction options that ATF has historically accepted include torch cutting or sawing the device in a manner that removes at least 1/4 inch of material for each cut and completely severs design features critical to the functionality of the device as a bump-stock-type device. (See attached PowerPoint on destruction procedures provided by the Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division.)

If an individual chooses to turn in a bump-stock-type device to ATF, special agents must follow these procedures:

---------------------------

Only the first page of the supposed memo has leaked so far.

Attachments

• BumpstockMemoReduced.jpg
      BumpstockMemoReduced.jpg
      65.8 KB · Views: 604

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    I guess we have no way of knowing if this would include other types of "rapid fire activators" like binary triggers, cranks, etc. And no, I'm not going to ask.

Don't worry, I'm sure several dozen people already have.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Looks fake to me. Apparently the "Assistant Director Field Operations" doesn't have a name and he only sends memos out to SAIC's regarding critical issues that affect policies across the board. "As a result of the recent rule in the Federal Register." Sounds very knowledgeable. :rolleyes: Honestly, it looks to me like a moron's attempt to make a fake letter.

Unfortunately though, the coming ban won't be fake.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• FCCA3013-F312-4F13-A925-A1BB96F13D97.jpg
      FCCA3013-F312-4F13-A925-A1BB96F13D97.jpg
      85.1 KB · Views: 363
    • 19E0F404-99ED-4F13-8089-159CC03E7D58.jpg
      19E0F404-99ED-4F13-8089-159CC03E7D58.jpg
      101.6 KB · Views: 331
    • 6CE1D65E-6FE9-4013-9A80-A3769EBE9221.jpeg
      6CE1D65E-6FE9-4013-9A80-A3769EBE9221.jpeg
      114.3 KB · Views: 332

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Hmmmmm

No wall funding
    Now this

Trump malaise is starting to take hold. I refused to vote for Hogan after his assault on gun rights, looks like Trump is falling into the same category.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Hmmmmm

No wall funding
    Now this

Trump malaise is starting to take hold. I refused to vote for Hogan after his assault on gun rights, looks like Trump is falling into the same category.

Well, a vote for Trump in Maryland is a moot point regardless. I'll add his best and most fantastic Health care overhaul to the mix appears vapor as well.
    However, He did get income tax cuts and responsible for the last two SCOTUS justices. Imagine what a D would have done with both of those.

So I look at it as getting some, better than none or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom