• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Well I had some help! I got some great advice from some of yih and got help from a local gunsmith with the paint and some of the major stuff. But for the most part I put it all together... A few times lol

Here are the specs.

Cerakote and DuraCoated in Sniper Gray
    Spikes Tactical lower receiver with Rise RA-434 3.5lb Drop in Trigger, Hogue Pistol Grip, Battle Arms Titanium Takedown pins, “Seven” Titanium selector, KNS Anti-Rotational Pins,(NIY), Magpul B.A.D. Lever, Magpul Enhanced Meg Release, V Seven Titanium Mag Release, BCM Mil-Spec 6 Position 7075 T6 Buffer tube, Action Spring w/ Colt H2 Buffer and Magpul STR Carbine Stock

Cerro Forged 7075 T6 Upper Receiver with Faxon Match Series- 16" Heavy Fluted, .223 Wylde, Mid-Length Gas System, 416R, Nitride, 5R, Nickel Teflon Extension, with 1.8 twist w/ Shawn Buckholder Muzzle Brake, Rainier Arms Titanium Forward Assist, KNS Anti-Rotational Pins,(NIY) Tuff Zone 6061 Aluminum 15” Keymod Handguard, Spikes Tactical Complete Nickel Boron Plated M-16 BCG Laser Engraved with ST Spider logo, Mil Spec, Carrier 8620 Tool Steel, 158 Carpenter Steel, Shot Peened (HPT) (MPI), Radian Raptor LT Charge Handle, UTG Adjustable Vertical Foregrip, SureFire M300 Ultra Compact Weapon Light w/ Mil-Spec Dual Switch, Magpul Flip-up MBUS Backup Sights, EOTech EXPS3-4 with G33 Magnifier Holographic Hybrid Sight and Magpul MS3 Gen2 Sling

Attachments

• 20181211_232207.jpg
      20181211_232207.jpg
      36.2 KB · Views: 888
    • 20181211_232138.jpg
      20181211_232138.jpg
      39.6 KB · Views: 888

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Well I had some help! I got some great advice from some of yih and got help from a local gunsmith with the paint and some of the major stuff. But for the most part I put it all together... A few times lol

Here are the specs.

Cerakote and DuraCoated in Sniper Gray

Spikes Tactical lower receiver with Rise RA-434 3.5lb Drop in Trigger, Hogue Pistol Grip, Battle Arms Titanium Takedown pins, “Seven” Titanium selector, KNS Anti-Rotational Pins,(NIY), Magpul B.A.D. Lever, Magpul Enhanced Meg Release, V Seven Titanium Mag Release, BCM Mil-Spec 6 Position 7075 T6 Buffer tube, Action Spring w/ Colt H2 Buffer and Magpul STR Carbine Stock

Cerro Forged 7075 T6 Upper Receiver with Faxon Match Series- 16" Heavy Fluted, .223 Wylde, Mid-Length Gas System, 416R, Nitride, 5R, Nickel Teflon Extension, with 1.8 twist w/ Shawn Buckholder Muzzle Brake, Rainier Arms Titanium Forward Assist, KNS Anti-Rotational Pins,(NIY) Tuff Zone 6061 Aluminum 15” Keymod Handguard, Spikes Tactical Complete Nickel Boron Plated M-16 BCG Laser Engraved with ST Spider logo, Mil Spec, Carrier 8620 Tool Steel, 158 Carpenter Steel, Shot Peened (HPT) (MPI), Radian Raptor LT Charge Handle, UTG Adjustable Vertical Foregrip, SureFire M300 Ultra Compact Weapon Light w/ Mil-Spec Dual Switch, Magpul Flip-up MBUS Backup Sights, EOTech EXPS3-4 with G33 Magnifier Holographic Hybrid Sight and Magpul MS3 Gen2 Sling

Looks awesome. Hope you do not get the disease. If so this will be the first of many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Well technically this is gun # six. But this is only the second AR. It stated when my wife and I attended our first show in over 10 years and I bought a new upper. When I mated it to the lower of the off the shelf AR I bought a couple of months ago my wife says "the color's don't match, what do we need to do to match them?" I said we'll! Lol.... It started. But I ran into a few bumps. I had discovered the barrel on the new upper was not MD compliant even tho I was it was. But being a noob I did not know enough to check. In a panic i ordered a new Barrel and switched it out. But in talking with some of you guys on here I'have learned that there were better barrels than the one I got so I had ordered another Barrel which will be the basis of my next build.

I have a mechanical engineering background which my wife hates cause everything I buy I see it want to take it apart figure out how it works and put it back together so I can make it work better. My first Passion is cars. I have three race cars which most of you know is super super expensive. For the cost of the carbon fiber steering wheel in my 17 RS I could buy the current top of the line AR right now and probably have money left over for ammo. Lol. But what's nice is both my wife and I can shoot where as she can not drive the cars and I can build the gun in house and be home more then being at the shop.

So yes I have been bitten by the bug. Lol

Build 2 I think i am going to go for a long range scope setup... Long barrel, good scope... That kinda thing

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    How do we know it is yours? We don't see your feet.....

LOL... So funny you say that. The last part came in the mail that day and I threw it on and was excited! I said done now! So I took a couple of pictures to share and in the pictures you could see my bear feet and the mess on the table... So i cropped the pictures.... Then you go and ask where are your feet. Lol

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Got the KNS pins on and and the titanium forward assist in. Going to shoot it tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_185429_363.jpg
      IMG_20181214_185429_363.jpg
      92.9 KB · Views: 175
    • IMG_20181214_185429_365.jpg
      IMG_20181214_185429_365.jpg
      94.4 KB · Views: 178

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member