• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I don't have one, but I have seen many conversions out there for popular high caliber handguns to 22LR. Not sue if possible to get these with threaded barrels. The most recent one I saw was for a CZ75.

I'm looking now for the kadet 22 conversion kit for one of my CZ 75's. Hard to find any in stock anywhere though. If I was going to buy a complete gun I think I would get the ruger mark IV hunter. I think they are around 600 .

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Look at the Beretta M9 22. You can get a threaded barrel and 15 round magazines. Feels just like 9mm version of the M9, just a tad lighter. Very reliable and is not picky about ammo. If you go the GSG route, get the 1911 version which is also branded as a Sig. Both are a lot of fun to shoot. The GSG is definitely under $400 not sure about the Beretta. Another vote for the Ruger Mark IV too. Can't go wrong with that one either.

Last edited:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    There are a couple solid 22lr handguns with threaded barrels.
    I ultimately decided on a M&P compact in FDE (threaded barrel model).
    I bought it more so as a training gun

Attachments

• 8184ABA6-9A1B-4EA8-BA28-DCC8078B3BB9.jpg
      8184ABA6-9A1B-4EA8-BA28-DCC8078B3BB9.jpg
      150.5 KB · Views: 313

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Haven't owned one, but did rent a Bersa at the range, you could tell it had put a lot of rounds down range and really needed a cleaning, but it ran like a champ. Also don't know if they offer them with a threaded barrel.

I don't think they do, but I had one threaded at Duffy's a couple years back.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    My Jennings 22 shoots everything.

Sometimes when I'm racking the slide it fires.

Sometimes when I shoot it does a double or triple tap for me.

Sometimes it empties the magazine without my permission.

But it shoots everything without jamming!

:lol:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The GSG (German Sports Group) 1911 is the same as the SIG but cheaper. I think it wears a few other labels, too. An excellent choice. You can extend magazine capacity from 10 to 14 by installing a different follower. (During a trip out of state, of course.)

The Ruger MKIV would also be a great choice, but a little more money than the GSG.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Smith and Wesson Victories can go for a good chunk under 400 online. Heard good things but have not shot one yet.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I'm looking to buy a cheap 22lr pistol, it must be $400 or under and have a threaded barrel. so far from my research I have found two I like one is the sig mosquito and the other is the firefly by ATI which looks like a clone of the sig. I'm just unsure about their reliability.

Don’t do it. I love my Sigs but the mosquito is a joke and Sig should have never put their name on it. I have a P226 conversion slide which I prefer over the mosquito. The trigger is awful and there’s no after market support.

Buy a Ruger Mark series or buckmark. Either gun will provide you with a lifetime of reliable service and aftermarket improvements. Thr S&W victory series is another good one.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Get the Ruger MKIV and be done with it. Unless you're looking for a trainer that matches something else, it's the one.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Get a used Ruger Mk II and it will be well within your budget. Don't let anyone scare you about how putting the gun back together is difficult. It's not. A used Mk III is also good once you remove the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If you are willing to go used, find a S&W model 422, 622, or 2206. They are better than most new .22’s, all have threaded barrels, and great triggers. Check gunbroker, there are several on there now.
    Only thing you would need is a threaded adapter for a suppressor from EKW Arms. They run about $30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC

Mine too, I bought mine from Tyler Firearms and he was able to come pretty close to this price too if not less when you consider the transfer fee. He was able to order it and had it instore within a few days.

It’s a great gun, easy to clean and has abundant after market support for modifications. You can also get the light tactical model too if you prefer black with rails on the top and bottom.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    OP, if you are using this for a host, I can tell you the experience I had with a Sig was terrible. Very picky. The MP will get really picky and jam a lot when it gets dirty. Until them ti shoots great.
    Shooting suppressed, any host will get real dirty, real fast. The 2 best hosts I have for shooting suppressed are the Ruger MK series and a Buckmark. If you want to have fun range sessions, go with one of them.
    I never had a SR22, but was told it is a good pistol until you suppress it. I was talked out if by one of the IP's a couple years ago. That may have changed as it was semi new then.
    He wouldn't even pull the sig out of the case. He know it was going to be a host. The Bersa I had threaded is a fun toy as well.
    Again the Ruger MK or Buckmark are my suggestions.
    Do you have a suppressor? Makes a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom