Different / Unique / Oddball Short Barrel NFA item since eForms Form 1s are back

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ok, that's actually pretty cool.

I've given thought to SBR'ing my 10/22 Takedown and just sticking the front end from a Charger Takedown on it for fun. The annoying thing is that Ruger won't sell you just the front end, but there are other options out there too.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide

I've given thought to SBR'ing my 10/22 Takedown and just sticking the front end from a Charger Takedown on it for fun. The annoying thing is that Ruger won't sell you just the front end, but there are other options out there too.
    I had an eBay search alert for a Charger barrel for over a year. They’re super rare. Unless you want exactly that barrel length, you’re better off sending a rifle barrel off to Class 3 Machining or someone to cut down.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I had an eBay search alert for a Charger barrel for over a year. They’re super rare. Unless you want exactly that barrel length, you’re better off sending a rifle barrel off to Class 3 Machining or someone to cut down.

Yeah... at that point I'd probably just get one of the TacSol or other aftermarket ones and stick it in the Ruger furniture.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Nobody mentioned the obvious : T/C Contender , combine 10in bbl with carbine stock . Begin with either Handgun or Carbine Reciever .
    Excellent however what that would really need is a quick attach stock for the pistol grip...
    As a lifelong city boy, having not grown up exposed to hunting, I know nothing about T/C rifles/pistols, other than they were involved in the constructive possession case. But that does seem like an easy no-gunsmithing project, just off-the shelf parts.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I hear a 50 Beowulf with a 10.5" barrel is a great rifle AND flame thrower........

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just found another gun that I want but dont need. This could go from pistol to SBR easy once you get your stamp.

Attachments

• EB2C10EB-2EFA-425D-9A22-413FDB0750E9.jpg
      EB2C10EB-2EFA-425D-9A22-413FDB0750E9.jpg
      94.3 KB · Views: 89

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC

My thought was to buy a charger and then put it in an aftermarket stock.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    My thought was to buy a charger and then put it in an aftermarket stock.

Yeah, that way might end up cheaper.

Plus, I suppose I'd get to have all the fun of picking out and installing the aftermarket parts in it...

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The more that I read this thread, the more I say to myself "Why???" :) I think that I have about 8 SBR stamps, but I just don't get these odd ball configurations. But then again, my focus now is on things that shoot a little faster and barrel length is not an issue.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    The more that I read this thread, the more I say to myself "Why???" :) I think that I have about 8 SBR stamps, but I just don't get these odd ball configurations. But then again, my focus now is on things that shoot a little faster and barrel length is not an issue.
    I think about a 16” barreled rifle, or 18+” barreled shotgun and say the same thing - “Why??”

Right now I’m all about shorter and quieter. I don’t have easy access to a longer range, so a 24” bolt gun doesn’t have the fascination right now.

But the biggest “why” is the ease of getting Form 1 stamps right now. $200 and two weeks is a piece of cake, compared to the time usually involved, or the cost of the gun itself.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I really like micro semi-autos with very short barrel lengths and OALs... alas, it's a pre-ban SBR lower sport, but if you've got a few, you can do cool stuff.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I really like micro semi-autos with very short barrel lengths and OALs... alas, it's a pre-ban SBR lower sport, but if you've got a few, you can do cool stuff.
    Can still do rimfire SBRs with no length restrictions.

But yeah, my pre-2013 SBRs may get a refresh this winter.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    But yeah, my pre-2013 SBRs may get a refresh this winter.
    I was thinking about shifting my 8.25" AR-15 down to 4.5-5" using the SLR barrel setups, and maybe shifting the upper to a side charger. Also want to get my pre-ban 9mm AR SBR down to 3", maybe with a suppressor semi-dedicated to it.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I was thinking about shifting my 8.25" AR-15 down to 4.5-5" using the SLR barrel setups
    4.5” :party29: when I first read that I thought for sure you must be talking about a .22LR. Looked up SLR micro barrels and wow! I’m amazed that they’ve been able to get them working reliably. Seemed like a while ago 7.5” was the shortest and only then with a massive brake or can.
    Also want to get my pre-ban 9mm AR SBR down to 3", maybe with a suppressor semi-dedicated to it.
    That’s more reasonable. I might rebuild my 9mm preban with a pistol-length instead of the Colt SMG-esque front end it’s wearing now.

Attachments

• 28B3FCB0-39AE-447C-BD5C-9CD76C21DF23.jpeg
      28B3FCB0-39AE-447C-BD5C-9CD76C21DF23.jpeg
      4 KB · Views: 116
    Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, I want my poor-man's version of the Rattler. I've also got a Chimera coming in eventually, so minimum barrel length isn't such a big concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom