• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaakb

Dec 15, 2015
    Northern Calvert County
    If the erroneous information, typos and math errors don't inspire confidence, surely this video pulled from their website will.
    :rofl::lol2:

Wow. Just wow. So a 100% approval rate. Does that mean that 100% of the applicants that she submits will get approved or 100% of the people that walk in the door. It's easy to assist a sure-thing and claim a 100% success rate. Still sounds sketchy. Reminds me of a pyramid scheme. They don't actually tell you anything just refer you to a magic person with all the answers.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Safety should never take time off. You practice like you play. As an instructor, I would insist on protection while on the range AT ALL TIMES. Shame on them for putting this out.

Your kidding right you don't know where those people are........ assumptions, you know what they say! They need to throw on some ear pro too! Just wondering, should I wear a helmet while I'm walking. Knee pads and gloves in case I slip and fall, raincoat and umbrella on a clear day? Never can be too safe or prepared.... ;)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    After going to their web page, I thought I'd check out the training for an HQL. Not only is the price out of line ($120) there's something in their ad that makes no sense. See if you can find what I'm talking about.

Did you find it? It says you can bring your own firearm and ammunition for the live fire portion. Well... if you already have a handgun, aren't you exempt from this training requirement? If you can bring your own firearm, then why are you taking this course?

Am I wrong?

They also don't bother to mention there are many other ways to be exempt from training.

At $120 plus $65 for fingerprints I'll say it is pricey since you can get training for free and prints for about $50 if you look for it. I wonder if you called about the class and happened to mention one or more of the exemptions in your conversation would they tell you you don't need the course? (I am familiar with guns I learned to shoot while I was in the military and I go hunting every year) :innocent0

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I just found out one of the guys who works for me took their HQL class. It was not in a class room or Holiday Inn conference room like pictured in the video but inside a barn with a couple of fans blowing 100 degree air around. The fire 1 round was into a ditch on the same farm. Was told the price included everything but then got a phone call the day before to be sure and bring $65 cash for the fingerprinting. He was kind of pissed at that since his wife took the class also so an extra $130 for the class. Was told security clearance + OPM breech was good enough to get CCW. He's done some reading on here as a guest but I'll see if I can get him to sign up and make some more comments.

He should have talked to you first he could have saved a boatload of money.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Your kidding right you don't know where those people are........ assumptions, you know what they say! They need to throw on some ear pro too! Just wondering, should I wear a helmet while I'm walking. Knee pads and gloves in case I slip and fall, raincoat and umbrella on a clear day? Never can be too safe or prepared.... ;)

It would depend on what your doctor's recommendations are. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Wow. Just wow. So a 100% approval rate. Does that mean that 100% of the applicants that she submits will get approved or 100% of the people that walk in the door. It's easy to assist a sure-thing and claim a 100% success rate. Still sounds sketchy. Reminds me of a pyramid scheme. They don't actually tell you anything just refer you to a magic person with all the answers.

Couldn't pick these guys out of a line up, but from what I gather on their website they are a total clown show.

Obviously they don't do any of their training at the AGC or JJ would have recommended the owner for the vacant spot on the HPRB......:innocent0

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    He should have talked to you first he could have saved a boatload of money.

I didn't even know he was doing it. Happened to see him looking at handguns on the local FFL's site and started a conversation about it. I was going to explain HQL requirement etc. when he told me.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Actually, its deceiving..and if you find it as such, you should report it. You can report it to the FTC and I'm sure Maryland has an office you can call/email to report it too...
    Frosh handles it in Maryland. He would love to put a trainer out of business.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

serpico50

Mar 8, 2016
    Usually 4 guys in this group...the owner is the worst of them all...absolute clown who overprices all classes. $320 W&C...there are so many complaints on these guys but the owner is a talker. A real douche bag. Is Frosh the actual guy to complain to?

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Usually 4 guys in this group...the owner is the worst of them all...absolute clown who overprices all classes. $320 W&C...there are so many complaints on these guys but the owner is a talker. A real douche bag. Is Frosh the actual guy to complain to?

First post?
    Serpico user name?
    Priceless!
    Go to the introduction page and introduce yourself, it will safe yourself from being thought of as a troll!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I'm thinking they'll be gone sooner than later. Looks like they hold classes wherever and shoot wherever, no backstops in sight

Attachments

• ptp 1.jpg
      ptp 1.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 647
    • ptp 3.jpg
      ptp 3.jpg
      35.5 KB · Views: 699
    • ptp 4.jpg
      ptp 4.jpg
      145.1 KB · Views: 603

serpico50

Mar 8, 2016
    Ha, not a troll, just old retired cop...been watching for 8 months. PTP has so many people complaining against them, I end up cleaning up their shit. If I figure out what you are talking about to introduce myself, I will. Thanks!

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    So I want to get my W&C license in MD and have been doing some digging and found this thread. Is what was said above true about if you are former military, have a high level government clearance or were part of the OPM hack you can get one? I am all three of those things that's why I ask.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    So I want to get my W&C license in MD and have been doing some digging and found this thread. Is what was said above true about if you are former military, have a high level government clearance or were part of the OPM hack you can get one? I am all three of those things that's why I ask.

Probably, if you say the right things.
    Suggest you come to the next few HPRB meetings to survey what works and how the MSP are working hard to Hogan people out of the inalienable right to self protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Depends on your clearence, and your luck, and how hard you are going fight them. Go to a hprb meeting and see for your self.

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    Depends on your clearence, and your luck, and how hard you are going fight them. Go to a hprb meeting and see for your self.

Thanks for the tip on the HPRB meetings I'll try to make the one on the 6th. Will I need to ask questions or will everything be read out loud? Just wondering what the meetings are like and if I need to be prepared with anything or if just taking notes will help me submit lucky #3 application that hopefully goes through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom