• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Although it's sacrilege to sell a rifle, I have one that just doesn't quite do it for me anymore. It was an AK pistol that I got a Form 1 for. I wouldn't even know where to start on how to sell it since the purchaser would need to do it on a Form 4 (I think). TIA

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Although it's sacrilege to sell a rifle, I have one that just doesn't quite do it for me anymore. It was an AK pistol that I got a Form 1 for. I wouldn't even know where to start on how to sell it since the purchaser would need to do it on a Form 4 (I think). TIA

You could do a Form 4 or you can remove the stock, remove it from the NFA registry, and sell it as a pistol. You can then sell the stock separately. Just another option.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What is the process for removing it from the registry? What about the holes drilled in the rear trunnion?

Just write the NFA Branch a letter stating that you have configured the weapon into a title 1 firearm.

It not necessary to do so, but it's good for CYA reasons.

The holes in the trunnion can be for a Sling swivel or brace.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You just sell it on a form 4. It's not really a big deal. The annoying part is that you'll be holding on to it for another 9 months or whatever.

Chad is right that the path of least resistance is to just remove it from the registry and sell it as a pistol.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Or put a rifle upper on it and sell it as a rifle.

And sell the short upper separately. I would not sell it to the same person at the same time. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom