• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Can somebody explain to me why they think Hogan would do anything about G&S?

He scored an A- on the NRA candidate scorecard. Presumably he is a man of intelligence and integrity and therefore recognizes that MD's laws are unconstitutional and will do what he can to change that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    He scored an A- on the NRA candidate scorecard. Presumably he is a man of intelligence and integrity and therefore recognizes that MD's laws are unconstitutional and will do what he can to change that.

Hogan repeatedly promised throughout the campaign that he would not roll back the state’s gun control measures, and his spokesman Wednesday confirmed his position hasn’t changed.

“If we get bogged down on tinkering around with law in Maryland on controversial issues, we’re never going be able to work together across party lines to fix our broken economy,” said Adam Dubitsky, Hogan’s spokesman.

Sure doesn't read like he's concerned with gun laws speaking publicly. So is he punking the public or the disposable gun rights envoys? Whenever I read working together across party lines, that's code for "I hope the Dems throw me any bone."

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Hogan repeatedly promised throughout the campaign that he would not roll back the state’s gun control measures, and his spokesman Wednesday confirmed his position hasn’t changed.

“If we get bogged down on tinkering around with law in Maryland on controversial issues, we’re never going be able to work together across party lines to fix our broken economy,” said Adam Dubitsky, Hogan’s spokesman.

Sure doesn't read like he's concerned with gun laws speaking publicly. So is he punking the public or the disposable gun rights envoys? Whenever I read working together across party lines, that's code for "I hope the Dems throw me any bone."

No argument from me. I support advancing on all fronts now (or in May) and disagree with the "let's wait and see what he does next year/term/life" crowd. That said, I don't need him to talk about it - I need him to do it.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I'm hopeful and optimistic all things considered. I think we have the best shot in a while for shall issue to happen.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    So him OKing me to tell the public doesn't count.

Gotcha.

You do remember when he was asked about it by the newspapers he denied your conversation ever happened right? And I witnessed it as did others.

emnsb

Oct 15, 2013
    Poor Gov. Hogan will probably hurt himself if he ever tries to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, if many of the posters in this thread are to be taken seriously.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Poor Gov. Hogan will probably hurt himself if he ever tries to walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, if many of the posters in this thread are to be taken seriously.

I see both sides. It's not like the Gov. wasn't aware of what expectations were from various groups prior to his election. We are approaching 60 days in office, but it has also been a very busy 60 days. I will look forward to some "massaging" to take place after this session is over. That is when the governor will be able to change gears and start to really put his fingerprint on things. I know it won't be a drastic and sweeping manipulation of the system, but I would imagine there will be policies and other "orders" waiting to be implemented without danger or disrupting any potential bi-partisan legislation in the works.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I don't understand why so many people expect Gov. Hogan to act on something immediately that he didn't campaign on, when things like the Rain Tax have been held up which he is adamant about? I respect the fact that there are other higher priority issues for him right now.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    IIRC, what he campaigned on specifically was that he wasn't going to try to roll back the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. That has nothing to do with him and the State Police Superintendent making self-defense G&S for CCW. It wouldn't change any law, but it would somewhat alter the scope and relax the current restrictions for the definition of G&S, which has always been open to interpretation in our "May Issue" state.

Mr H

Banana'd
    IMO, the preferred order of actions on G&S...

Eliminate by legislation (there's a bill for that)
    Define by legislation (there's a bill for that, too)
    Define by executive order (directing the Super)

Exhaust the first 2 options, THEN we can look at what Hogan does.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't understand why so many people expect Gov. Hogan to act on something immediately that he didn't campaign on, when things like the Rain Tax have been held up which he is adamant about? I respect the fact that there are other higher priority issues for him right now.

Everything is a higher priority, always has been, very likely always will be.

This is Maryland after all, even the Republicans could give a shit about guns/ the Constitution. ;)

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    IMO, the preferred order of actions on G&S...

Eliminate by legislation (there's a bill for that)
    Define by legislation (there's a bill for that, too)
    Define by executive order (directing the Super)

Exhaust the first 2 options, THEN we can look at what Hogan does.

Good point, I can't believe it never occurred to any of us to try the legislative route before. :rolleyes:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I worked in Virginia for years. My coworkers laughed about Erhlich.
    They said, and I knew it was true that a Va Democrat was more conservative than any Republican in MD.... Still hols true today...

Now back to the original Thread... Hopefully he will be confirmed and not be a thorn in the sides of legal gun owners.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I worked in Virginia for years. My coworkers laughed about Erhlich.
    They said, and I knew it was true that a Va Democrat was more conservative than any Republican in MD.... Still hols true today...

Now back to the original Thread... Hopefully he will be confirmed and not be a thorn in the sides of legal gun owners.

+1

now when we do have a msp head if he turns out to be anti 2a in any way we will know what we have in mr Hogan. we will see. sine die is not that far off now. if we get nothing then or if we here next session or next term or any other bs then again we will know what we have in mr Hogan. I will wait and see. like I said its getting closer every day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom