• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I picked up this beauty from Gun Connection in White Marsh.

Loving it! This is one of those works of art that makes a statement.

Thank you again Gun Connection and their staff for making this happen.

Her name is "Lucille"

#shotgunstrong :party29:

Attachments

• 20140822_170434.jpg
      20140822_170434.jpg
      40.1 KB · Views: 406

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Damn, this thread made me think of a song:

You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, with four hungry children and a crop in the field.....

Then, there is Lucille by Little Richard.

Lucille Ball.

Lucille is bringing back some good memories. Just never dated a woman named Lucille.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm still trying to find the "work of art", much less the feet. Then again, the value of "art" is generally in the eye of the beholder.

He bought his first "gun" (actually it was 2 of the stripped preban Aero lowers) before 10/1/13, at my urging. He is still relatively new to the gun world, and exploring how things actually are. His point of view is that to him it is a work of art with the lines of it, in addition to the breaching brake. From a purely, "I'm a bada$$" standpoint, I have to agree, it is a work of art. He bought it for HD and in that area, it excels. I saw his AR and his "Lucille" last weekend, and the pics don't do them justice. The Pachmyer grip on the 870 is something that has to be touched to truly believe.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    He bought his first "gun" (actually it was 2 of the stripped preban Aero lowers) before 10/1/13, at my urging. He is still relatively new to the gun world, and exploring how things actually are. His point of view is that to him it is a work of art with the lines of it, in addition to the breaching brake. From a purely, "I'm a bada$$" standpoint, I have to agree, it is a work of art. He bought it for HD and in that area, it excels. I saw his AR and his "Lucille" last weekend, and the pics don't do them justice. The Pachmyer grip on the 870 is something that has to be touched to truly believe.

Kudos for you introducing him to the gun world and for him making a couple of purchases prior to 10/1/2013 and now.

I'm just busting his balls. You probably know that pistol grip shotguns are not my thing. Heck, my 6' 1" 230 pound brother is scared to get one. We saw one at our FFL about this time last year as we were picking up, and that brother goes "Who is crazy enough to shoot that thing?" Honestly, firing that thing with high brass anything in it scares me, but I am 5' 8", 160 pound patsy of a panzy.

Like I said, the value of art is in the eye of the beholder. I started with a Browning BPS as a gift from my dad when I was 8 years old. That was my main gun until my dad and I went halvsies on a Browning Citori when I turned 18. Nowadays, I rarely look at Brownings and the only Remington I am interested in is a custom action based on the Remington 700. My taste in "art" has increased dollar wise as I have gotten older. Still, nothing wrong with anybody buying what they can afford and getting out there and shooting it. In fact, I think buying what you can afford and being happy with it is a much better idea than buying what you cannot afford (i.e., debt) and being happy with it.

I can wax philosophical all day.

OP - if I pissed you off, I am sorry. Trust me, I didn't mean to do so. If you knew me face to face, what I wrote would be considered ribbing. Also, you would probably think my nice wood, double barrel shotguns are retarded.

Lastly, have I mentioned that I want a Benelli M4, just not with a pistol grip. lol Alas, Santa might not be able to afford it because I am trying to put a list of JP Rifle parts together for him too.

We all have different tastes. One of my brothers owns a Desert Eagle .50. I pulled the trigger once about a decade ago. Put it down and have no desire to shoot it ever again. He loves the gun. My brother in-law bought a Ruger Alaskan in .45 Casull and some other revolver in .357 mag. The .454 Casull scares the heck out of me. I would probably look like the video of those women shooting a large handgun if I touched that thing off. Also, revolvers are not my thing, but he really likes them. He likes AKs, I don't.

OP - enjoy the gun, but more importantly get out there and shoot it instead of hanging it on the wall. Most importantly, get out there and shoot with friends. You will be amazed how many new friends you will make in the shooting world.

(Note to self. No sarcastic posts at 2:30 in the morning after a long day of work).

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I picked up this beauty from Gun Connection in White Marsh.

Loving it! This is one of those works of art that makes a statement.

Thank you again Gun Connection and their staff for making this happen.

Her name is "Lucille"

#shotgunstrong :party29:

I had that exact shotgun...it is a beauty! Not at all fun to shoot but nothing says "GET THE EFF OUT OF MY HOUSE" like that monster.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Kudos for you introducing him to the gun world and for him making a couple of purchases prior to 10/1/2013 and now.

I'm just busting his balls. You probably know that pistol grip shotguns are not my thing. Heck, my 6' 1" 230 pound brother is scared to get one. We saw one at our FFL about this time last year as we were picking up, and that brother goes "Who is crazy enough to shoot that thing?" Honestly, firing that thing with high brass anything in it scares me, but I am 5' 8", 160 pound patsy of a panzy.

Like I said, the value of art is in the eye of the beholder. I started with a Browning BPS as a gift from my dad when I was 8 years old. That was my main gun until my dad and I went halvsies on a Browning Citori when I turned 18. Nowadays, I rarely look at Brownings and the only Remington I am interested in is a custom action based on the Remington 700. My taste in "art" has increased dollar wise as I have gotten older. Still, nothing wrong with anybody buying what they can afford and getting out there and shooting it. In fact, I think buying what you can afford and being happy with it is a much better idea than buying what you cannot afford (i.e., debt) and being happy with it.

I can wax philosophical all day.

OP - if I pissed you off, I am sorry. Trust me, I didn't mean to do so. If you knew me face to face, what I wrote would be considered ribbing. Also, you would probably think my nice wood, double barrel shotguns are retarded.

Lastly, have I mentioned that I want a Benelli M4, just not with a pistol grip. lol Alas, Santa might not be able to afford it because I am trying to put a list of JP Rifle parts together for him too.

We all have different tastes. One of my brothers owns a Desert Eagle .50. I pulled the trigger once about a decade ago. Put it down and have no desire to shoot it ever again. He loves the gun. My brother in-law bought a Ruger Alaskan in .45 Casull and some other revolver in .357 mag. The .454 Casull scares the heck out of me. I would probably look like the video of those women shooting a large handgun if I touched that thing off. Also, revolvers are not my thing, but he really likes them. He likes AKs, I don't.

OP - enjoy the gun, but more importantly get out there and shoot it instead of hanging it on the wall. Most importantly, get out there and shoot with friends. You will be amazed how many new friends you will make in the shooting world.

(Note to self. No sarcastic posts at 2:30 in the morning after a long day of work).

I knew you were being sarcastic, but remind me not to post after getting 3 hours of sleep, being in a 30 minutes class (required for my job, check the bitching thread I made in the WC), and not being able to spend much time with my son this week. We're good fabs. Hug and go shooting on Sunday? :lol2:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I knew you were being sarcastic, but remind me not to post after getting 3 hours of sleep, being in a 30 minutes class (required for my job, check the bitching thread I made in the WC), and not being able to spend much time with my son this week. We're good fabs. Hug and go shooting on Sunday? :lol2:

No time whatsoever for shooting this weekend. However, I will be spending it with my wife and kids, so it is all good. Hunting season starts on Monday. Probably not making it out for that either, but trying to adjust my schedule for a couple of invites I have gotten later in the month.

Wife and kids means tons of love and fun, just less shooting, hunting, fishing, cycling, and pretty much everything else.

I am headed to the WC after I check all the e-mail notifications.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    No time whatsoever for shooting this weekend. However, I will be spending it with my wife and kids, so it is all good. Hunting season starts on Monday. Probably not making it out for that either, but trying to adjust my schedule for a couple of invites I have gotten later in the month.

Wife and kids means tons of love and fun, just less shooting, hunting, fishing, cycling, and pretty much everything else.

I am headed to the WC after I check all the e-mail notifications.

It's all good, bud. One day, we'll figure out range time and I might even be able to bring the better half out. Yes the mythical Mrs. DA might make a cameo. :lol2:

Which season starts on Monday? Deer - Bow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom