Let's Talk 762 Cans for a minute.. which one would you get?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    so... let's say.... money wasn't an issue.. which can would you get?

Saker ASR, Dead Air Nomad, Sico Omega... or what else?

let's say... in a crazy world, you can get...

Saker ASR for 600
    Dead Air Nomad 650
    Omega for 800

now would one would you choose?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I haven't looked at cans for awhile sorry man. If you know anyone that has some hearing them in person helps a ton.

My 308 can isn't on the list sorry

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Saker ASR, Dead Air Nomad, Sico Omega... or what else?

let's say... in a crazy world, you can get...

Saker ASR for 600
    Dead Air Nomad 650
    Omega for 800

now would one would you choose?

Those would be my top three for general use... I have two of and pondering the third - you never stop at one.. Theres another recent thread with someone asking how to quiet a Rugged Micro... The Micro was designed to take the edge out but not quiet like these. These three are the top of next step with the ASR being the heaviest, longest but most durable(of those). If I had to choose one, Omega or Nomad(although new) would be my first choice. They’re a balance of everything you want in a suppressor.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I would have to take a serious look at oss suppressors. They have been on my radar for a while especially the newer generation qd ones.

Edit: You can find first gen ones for under $500. The new ones claim some pretty impressive poi shift numbers.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    My AAC 7.62 SDN6 is heavy, but it is incredibly quiet. I have shot it along with my friend’s Silencerco Omega and mine was hands down more quiet using the same gun and ammo.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I have an omega used on my 6.5 Creedmoor. It is a great can. I’ve never tried or heard the others however.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have an Omega and love it. Use it on my RPR in .308 and most of my AR’s. Versatile, quiet, very little POI shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I have an Omega and love it. Use it on my RPR in .308 and most of my AR’s. Versatile, quiet, very little POI shift.

+1 on the Omega. Mounting adapters to fit a pretty decent variety of firearms. And very quiet, especially with subsonic .300 ammo.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I wouldn't go silencerco since their CS seems to have gone to hell in the last few months and even their ASR mounts are known to have problems (the Omega seems to have its own unique issues)

I rolled the dice and bought one of the very first DA Sandman cans. It's been great.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I wouldn't go silencerco since their CS seems to have gone to hell in the last few months and even their ASR mounts are known to have problems (the Omega seems to have its own unique issues)

I rolled the dice and bought one of the very first DA Sandman cans. It's been great.

I hear you, and several others, about the knock on SiCo customer service, but in my opinion, this is overblown. Yes, back a year or two ago when we all were unsure of their future, given the drama, CS probably dropped some but from my experience - it's calmed and their CS is on par with everyone else.

But on that note - generally, you can't make a wrong decision if you go DA, Rugged, Sig, SiCo, Q, and several others in terms of manufacturer.

Not long ago I pondered picking up a Chimera and after discussing what I already have and what I shoot, to some degree they talked me out of the purchase. Maybe that's bad business - but I appreciate the honesty. Without giving names, the SiCo rep. easily spent thirty minutes on the phone discussing. I came away from that conversation a pleased SiCo customer.

Now on the flip side, back five or so years ago, I needed some assistance with a company that has AA in their name and my experiences where poor. I understand they've improved but I'll never forget that bad taste.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The whole SiCo CS issue has settled down. They downsized then had a massive BOGO sale which completely overwhelmed them. I have had nothing but stellar CS from them.
    As for the 30 cal cans, these days pick your poison. Don't chase decibels. Look at the whole system, meaning mounts and use. A single screw on can that you plan using on only one host is different than a can with a QD mount that you can switch between multiple hosts. Do your research into mounts as well, some get expensive.
    Any of the cans you mentioned would serve you well. Oh yea, I will fourth the one can remark.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The Omega is consistently rated one of the best .30 ca cans out there. I got it because it’s versatile. Direct thread, optional mounts, etc.
    JMO but I don’t really see the need for a bunch of different .30 cal cans if one will do the job for many different applications. (Which is why I went with the Omega)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I went with ThunderBeast.

Mainly due to many reports of NO POI shift.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I went with ThunderBeast.

Mainly due to many reports of NO POI shift.

Did you confirm there is no POI shift once you tested it out yourself?

I see about a 1 minute shift towards the 7-o’clock position with my Omega attached. I’ve shot a few strings with and without and it’s pretty consistent.

I always thought the POI shift was caused by the Suppressors mass changing the harmonics of the barrel. Do you know how the thunder beast works avoid poi shift?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Did you confirm there is no POI shift once you tested it out yourself?

I see about a 1 minute shift towards the 7-o’clock position with my Omega attached. I’ve shot a few strings with and without and it’s pretty consistent.

I always thought the POI shift was caused by the Suppressors mass changing the harmonics of the barrel. Do you know how the thunder beast works avoid poi shift?

Mine has about 1 moa shift with suppressor (Thunderbeast)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom